Security prices import via CSV

I have two different securities with the same symbol but on different exchanges. They are PPL (Pembina Pipelines) on the Toronto stock exchange, and PPL (PPL Corp.) on the NYSE. The problem is there does not seem to be any way to differentiate them when importing their prices via CSV. Quicken only imports to PPL Corp. and ignores Pembina. Quicken Update imports them correctly. Is there a way to specify the exchange in a CSV file? I have tried TSE:PPL, PPL:TSE and some others with no success.

Answers

• TEAzer
    TEAzer Member ✭✭
    Using Quicken Canadian 2016.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    To import the prices using a CSV file, the ticker symbol used in the CSV file for the security needs to match the ticker symbol used in Quicken for the security.  Note: The ticker symbol for the security in Quicken does not need to be the actual ticker symbol for the security on an exchange and the ticker symbol for the security in Quicken may be easily changed.
  • TEAzer
    TEAzer Member ✭✭
    Yes, but if I change the ticker in Quicken to facilitate CSV import then Quicken Update fails for that security.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    TEAzer said:
    Yes, but if I change the ticker in Quicken to facilitate CSV import then Quicken Update fails for that security.
    If you're going to be importing the quotes for this security from a CSV regularly, then you may want to uncheck so the Download Quotes box for the security (press Ctrl + Y) so that Quicken doesn't attempt to pull the price quote from the third-party service provider.  Otherwise, just change the ticker symbol back to the expected ticker symbol used by the third-party service provider after you've successfully imported the CSV.
This discussion has been closed.