Can I "electronically" transfer finds between checking accounts at the same bank

I Use Bank of America checking and savings. I have 2 Savings accounts both set up for Electronic Bill Pay. Can I "tell" BofA to Transfer $$ between the 2 checking accounts. I have the Transfer Option available in the Check Column, but that's a register Transfer only. I want to transfer funds through Quicken without logging into BofA. I have Quicken Premier for Windows R 36.38.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    If you have setup both BOA accounts as "online" accounts in Quicken, you should be able to transfer funds between them by entering the transfer in the register and clicking the  "Online Transfer" option in the CK # column - see below.  If you don't see that option- you likely are not connecting using the "direct connect" method, so you'd need to change connection methods (if the bank supports "direct connect").

BTW - you'll still have to connect with the bank through Quicken in order to transmit this instructions, but you won't have to sign in to the website.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    To do a transfer from Quicken using the bank's payment system you have to be setup for Direct Connect, and Bank Bill Pay supported and enabled.  If you look at the Online Services tab in the Account Details you can see if this setup.

If this is setup then you should be able to do a transfer from the account with the "Online Transfer".

You can also do the transfer from the Online Center (Tools -> Online Center).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    If you've setup the online bill payment service over the Direct Connect connection method, you may initiate online transfers between your account's at the financial institution from within Quicken.  BofA provides the functionality for their legacy customers using the financial institution: Bank of America-All Other States
  • tomgoul
    tomgoul Member ✭✭
    Thank you both for your responses. The issue must be the connection method to BofA. It is only set up as an Express Web Connect connection, though I do have Quicken Bill Manager enabled. I recall that BofA doesn't allow a Direct Connect integration. This is the reason I do not see an Online Transfer Option. I will do more research on the connection options to BofA.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    From what I know BofA only allows Direct Connect for people that are "grandfathered in".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    I use M&T bank and I handle this situation differently.  I sign in to the bank website In one window and do the transfer there between the accounts there. With Quicken open in another window I enter the transaction on the bank website and copy and paste the confirmation number from the bank into the Memo field in Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.