How do I create one account from several accounts at the same broker?

How do I create one account from several accounts at the same broker?
Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general you want one account in Quicken for each account at the broker. Do you have several real world accounts that you are consolidating into one at the broker?

Or perhaps you have created an account in Quicken for each security and they are really all one account. Is this your situation?

The instructions would be somewhat different for these scenarios.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • l.adler
    l.adler Member ✭✭
    I created an account in Quicken for each security and they are really all one account. Would be most grateful if you could instruct me as to how to get them in one account.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Back up your data file, just in case.
    2. Pick the account that has the most transactions and call that the "master". Click on the gear in that account and pick Edit account Details. If there is a Single Mutual fund option, set it to No.
    3. Go to each other account you want to consolidate into the master and pick Move Transactions. Click on Select All. Pick the master account as the "Move to" account. Cross your fingers, click Done and get a cup of coffee. 
    4. Repeat step 3 for the remaining accounts. 
    This should move all the transactions from the individual accounts into the master account. 

Please let us know if you encounter any problems in this process.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Back up your Quicken data file.
    Choose which Quicken account you want to survive and contain all the securities. Call this "Account A".
    In each of the other Quicken accounts you want to move securities from, go into their registers.
    Find the gear icon at the top right of each investment register and choose Move Transactions.
    In the resulting dialog, Select All and Move To Account A.
    Click Move, then Done, and wait while Quicken validates your data file.
    After you've completed these steps for each account, Account A should contain all the correct transactions from the other accounts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.