I have used QuickBooks desktop for many years. I am now trying to use Quicken for Mac.

I would like to save the data from QuickBooks so I can retrieve the "find" feature to look up, search past transactions. Is that possible?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, QuickBooks data cannot not be imported into Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Is there anyway I can export the QuickBooks data (so can use the find feature) to another program?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you read the link I provided above, it indicates that QuickBooks can be exported to a CSV file, which you could then search with Excel or Numbers. 

That said, questions on what QuickBooks can and can't do would be better asked in a QuickBooks community forum.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the instructions above to convert a QuickBooks file to .csv and then to .qif ... is this:

Quicken Mac can't import a .qif file type.

So, unless it's .qxf, you're not getting it into Quicken Mac.  

And since the OP indicated they use Quicken Mac, all these instructions are pretty much moot. 
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oops.  I meant to indicate that you'll need to somehow convert your file to .qfx in order to import it into Quicken Mac.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The problem with the instructions above to convert a QuickBooks file to .csv and then to .qif ... is this: Quicken Mac can't import a .qif file type.
    Actually, Quicken Mac can create a new file from a QIF file. Whether all the data will import or fall into the right places is unknown, because QIF is a very loose standard.

See this Quicken conversion guide and click the link under "Other" for "Start from a .QIF file exported from another application (Banktivity or Moneydance)". 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.