Check Pay payees have disappeared. Help!

Updated the Quicken program software to Version R37.25 Build 27.1.37.25 yesterday and validated my data file. All Check Pay payees except those associated with Manual Bills have disappeared. I added back one of the missing Check Pay payees and was successful, but cannot find it to pay him. Please advise.

Comments

• uncle-buck
    uncle-buck Member ✭✭
    The issue appears to have been resolved by restoring the backup file I created immediately before updating the software. But it took several calls to tech support and two hours. Ugh!
  • cstaelin
    cstaelin Member ✭✭
    I had the same problem and solved it the same way, but now the problem has recurred. I can't keep going to old backups. Any suggestions?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @cstaelin

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this persisting issue. To better assist you could you let us know where your main/active file is located? Also, do you have any cloud-based storage/app running in the background (Dropbox, iCloud, One Drive)? 

Please elaborate so that we provide proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • cstaelin
    cstaelin Member ✭✭
    I do have OneDrive and Google Drive running. I've been keeping the active file on OneDrive, but have also tried simply keeping in on my local C drive, which hasn't seemed to have helped.
  • cstaelin
    cstaelin Member ✭✭
    So, some more information. In Bills&Income, the second dropdown box does not show CheckPay Bills. I have checked my checking account, and CheckPay is enabled. I added a CheckPay payee, saved it, but it does not show up in either Bills&Income or on Online Payees. However, it is there, somewhere, as if I try to add that payee again, I'm told that it already exists. I do have the latest Quicken version and I have run validate on the main file. Everything is sitting on my local C: drive. This problem is fairly recent, within the past few weeks. I'm about to just uninstall everything and begin again, but I'm reluctant to wait for Quicken to validate my checking account again for CheckPay.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @cstaelin

Thank you for your response and the additional information. Could you provide a screenshot to obtain a better understanding of the issue at hand? 

For instructions on attaching a screenshot click here. Please note that you may need to drag the image file into the response box. 

When you have a moment, please elaborate further so that we may provide proper guidance. 

-Quicken paloma
  • cstaelin
    cstaelin Member ✭✭
    Thanks for following up. I decided to take the basic approach and completely uninstall Quicken and clean out its directory, and then reinstall it from scratch. I then opened my most recent backup and all the Check Pay payees were there, as was the Check Pay option on the biils dropdown under Bills & Income. (It had not been there before.) Since then, things have been working just fine. So, I can only conclude that somehow my Quicken program itself was corrupted, perhaps over years of updates. For now, anyway, problem solved.

Charles
  • FastLee
    FastLee Member
    edited January 2022
    [Removed - Rant]
This discussion has been closed.