Unable to Update Online Balance for CapOne Accounts [Edited]

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Capital One Credit card - zero online balance.
Tagged:

Comments

• susan3032
    susan3032 Member ✭✭
    I have two credit card accounts with Capital One. The first is Venture One, the other Venture. No issues with the Venture account. The Venture One account never updates the online balance, however the transactions will download, forcing me to reconcile manually. Any info on this issue?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @sue,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Has this always been an issue with the Venture One account, or did this behavior just recently start occurring?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ruvitz
    ruvitz Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. My card is venture, not venture one.
  • Hello @ruvitz,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize for the trouble. 

How long have you been experiencing this issue approximately?

Quicken Alyssa

• shirll
    shirll Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem no online balance on all my capital one accounts.
  • I have been having an issue for the last week when I download my banking transactions from Capital One into my register. It brings in the transactions but shows an online balance of 0.00. I had previously been reconciling with every download based off of the online balance but can no longer do that as my online balance in Quicken is showing 0.00. As of now it seems to be only an issue with my accounts with Capital One as I just downloaded transactions for my Bank of America Credit Card and the online balance is showing.
  • I am having the same issues with Venture One account.
  • Hello all,

Can I please have you all go to Help>Report a problem>Send to Quicken? Please put "Zero online balance" in the description box.
    We do have an open alert for Capital One and this will help us to determine if this issue is related.

Quicken Alyssa
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mdjoneses,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We suspect that this issue is part of a known issue with Capital One that we currently have an open escalation ticket for with our service provider. You can refer to this open Community Alert for more information.

However, our teams are still looking to gather more data for this investigation. To contribute to this investigation, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to submit your log files and please add "CTP-2853" to the subject line.

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dkampf
    dkampf Member
    I am having the same problem and I did the "Report a Problem" as instructed. My problem started happening after chat support was able to help me in getting downloads to work again after recovering from the "reauthorize" and deactivate / activate attempts failed. As you mentioned, for me it does appear to be related to CTP-2853.
  • ruvitz
    ruvitz Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    @"Quicken Alyssa", I have been experiencing it for almost 6 weeks.
  • Andrea898
    Andrea898 Member ✭✭
    I am having this same issue since August 2021. I sent a report through "report a problem" as suggested above.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    @ruvitz,

When I looked further into your account, it appears that you deleted your Venture One account. I will need you to add the account back into your software. When you have done that, go ahead report a problem again so I can look at logs that are relevant to the issue you are having. 

@Andrea898,
    Is your issue specific to Venture One, like the others in this discussion are experiencing?

@520oshanic, @sue & @shirll, still experiencing this issue? If so please update accounts and report a problem so I can view everyone's logs and get this reported!

In addition to that, anyone who can provide screenshots of the online balance, please do so! If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Thanks, guys!

Quicken Alyssa
  • ruvitz
    ruvitz Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    @quicken alyssa, I did not delete my Venture Account. I download transactions for it on a near daily basis and have been for many months. It has been showing that zero balance since August but it still downloads transactions. I have spent at least 5 hours on different calls with quicken support. Some of the fixes we tried include logging out and logging back in, creating a copy of my quicken file and re-setting up online banking, and disabling/enabling too many times to count. Nothing has worked
  • dscottd
    dscottd Member ✭✭
    I was having a problem with my Capital One accounts (Checking, Savings, Money market, Credit card). The quicken support chat person helped me to reset my accounts. Everything seemed to be in working order. My transactions do download but now all of the account balances show of zero so I can no longer reconcile. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
  • dscottd
    dscottd Member ✭✭
    Here's a screenshot with zero balance. Is this what you were looking for?
  • dscottd
    dscottd Member ✭✭
    Just as an update... I reset my accounts again but this time chose Capital One instead of Capital One 360 and my balances are no longer zero.
  • Andrea898
    Andrea898 Member ✭✭
    @"Quicken Alyssa" This is happening on all of my Capital One 360 accounts.
  • Hello All!

Thank you all so much for continuing to provide me with more information!

@dscottd, that's great news that a different instance worked for you! Can you please be more specific as to which instance of Capital One that you used, so that others can see if that works for them too? Thanks for your cooperation!

I am also having this tested on my end, and I will update you all with the results!

Quicken Alyssa
  • Andrea898
    Andrea898 Member ✭✭
    If I connect using Capital One, the connection method is Express Web Connect, transactions are downloaded and the online balance shows as zero.

If I then deactivate and reactivate one of those accounts, the connection method changes to Express Web Connect + and no longer shows even a label for online balance.

If I connect using Capital One Bank - New, the connection method is Express Web Connect + and also shows no label for the online balance.
  • @Andrea898,

Thank you so much for trying that out!

I am currently working on getting this issue reported and I greatly appreciate all of you helping us with this!

Quicken Alyssa
  • dscottd
    dscottd Member ✭✭
    I spoke too soon. I saw balances for a short time but as soon as I did another "one step update" the balances were back to zero. :'(
  • ruvitz
    ruvitz Member ✭✭
    dcottd this happened to me too... multiple times. I have tried all four capital one options, tried logging out and back in before and after reset, tried creating a new file. sometimes I get balances for a short time and then either it stops downloading (CC-501) or it downloads but balances go back to zero. For a short while when I disabled/re-enabled it was creating a new Capital one account in quicken (wouldnt let me mark it was an existing account). so then i would have to delete that account and reenable the existing one.
  • abond28
    abond28 Member ✭✭
    I'm having these issues too and have tried all fixes suggested above but still get zero balances when downloading transactions from my Capital One 360 accounts. Please update us when you have a fix.
  • Hello all, 

We got this issue escalated! Here is the Alert so you can bookmark it for updates on this issue!

Thank you all for your cooperation and patience with this.

Quicken Alyssa
  • susan3032
    susan3032 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Alyssa - I am continuing to experience the issue with my Capital One Venture One credit card account not downloading the online balance. I don't understand what you mean "please update accounts and report a problem so I can view everyone's logs and get this reported!"
  • phorsting
    phorsting Member ✭✭
    I have experienced the same problem. In my case, Online Balance doesn't display at all. See Image:
    Also 2 recent transactions have not downloaded. When I try to reconcile, a message displays that there are no uncleared transactions to reconcile, which is not true.

I have seen comments that suggest activating to Capital One New instead of Capital One. Where do I find Capital One New?
  • I am having the same problem with my checking and savings accounts in Capital One. It does not affect my card card. I have submitted under "help" as advised by Alyssa. Does anyone know if a solution has been found?
  • Not Now John
    Not Now John Member ✭✭
    My online balance for my Venture account has not changed since 11/17/21 and therefore cannot reconcile. This is roughly the same time that my Schwab connectivity started having problems during that conversion - around the time of the 37.25 update. Transactions continue to download for Venture, but no reconciliation function.
  • actuary314
    actuary314 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem with my two Capital One Quicksilver credit card accounts. The online balance is not updating.
This discussion has been closed.