Old User, New Software: How do I move a transaction from one account to another? (Q Mac)

strolyt
strolyt Member
Used Quicken 2007 for Mac until Mac OS began to make Q2007 impossible to run. Just converted to a subscription and running Quicken Version 6.4.4. For the moment, my only issue is trying to find a way to move a transaction from one account to another - e.g. transaction entered erroneously into one account and needs ro be moved to another account in the same Quicken file. This was an action under the Edit menu in Q2007 but isn't evident in the new version. I should probably state that I'm running Mac OS 11.1.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It's even easier in 6.4.4: Just drag the transaction from the source account's register to the other account in the sidebar.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • strolyt
    strolyt Member
    DUH!! Thanks for dislodging my apparent aversion to dragging and dropping :wink:
  • Hello @strolyt,

You can also group highlight transactions by clicking on one transaction, then hold down the shift key and click on another transaction. Multiple transactions should now be highlighted. This way you can click and hold anywhere in the highlighted area and move all of them at once!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.