saved reports do not update automatically

Options
When I save a report, there is a checkbox to require that the data content be updated to the current date. Does not work at all for me; the data and timestamp label remain stuck on the day the report was saved and created. Anyone know a fix for this?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Your filter for the date range is set to Custom Dates... for which you must manually select both a beginning and ending date.  These dates do not get automatically updated and must be manually updated.
    If you want the beginning date to remain firm but the ending date to automatically update, you might want to try changing the date range to Custom to Date and then save the report.  Then each day you open the report the ending date should be automatically updated.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    BTW, I believe that "Add automatically (Update the report)" applies to any changes to the report that fall within the saved report filters parameters.  It will not apply to changes that take place outside of those parameters.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Hi @bill21 .  I am having some difficulty picturing what you are describing.  Would you be able to provide more detail, such as, which report(s) and perhaps post a screen shot of that checkbox and of the report filtering criteria (as shown at the top of the report)?

• bill21
    bill21 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    here's a screen shot of the image before saving; it is a graph that is in my home/dashboard display. when I save to "saved reports" it does not update on later dates - just stays on current day, even though I choose that feature (see the checkmark)
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Your filter for the date range is set to Custom Dates... for which you must manually select both a beginning and ending date.  These dates do not get automatically updated and must be manually updated.
    If you want the beginning date to remain firm but the ending date to automatically update, you might want to try changing the date range to Custom to Date and then save the report.  Then each day you open the report the ending date should be automatically updated.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    BTW, I believe that "Add automatically (Update the report)" applies to any changes to the report that fall within the saved report filters parameters.  It will not apply to changes that take place outside of those parameters.

• bill21
    bill21 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    thanks; I'll try it out
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Great.  Let me know if this fixed the issue or not so we can know whether or not to take another look at it.

• bill21
    bill21 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    That has worked, thanks so much for your help!
This discussion has been closed.