Linking "OkCoin" and my Crypto Currency

Options
ToddJ
ToddJ Member ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Investing (Windows)
Hello everyone... I've been using Quicken for a little over a year, and I've been pretty happy with it. I bought the highest version I could get.

I'm "dabbling" in Crypto as I have about $500 in crypto currency, not including an ETF that's part of my investment account.

I'm trying to link my Crypto Account with OkCoin to Quicken. It recognizes the institution, and asks me for my passphrase (which I've created within OkCoin), but it doesn't seem to know what to do. OkCoin uses Multi-Factor authentication... more than any other bank I've seen, and it seems that Quicken just falls on it's face with this one.

Any idea when or if they'll be able to link with OKCoin? And... if not, is there a way that I can track my Crypto coins in Quicken?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    What some people are doing is to track an appropriate crypto index and treat it like a security.  They can then manually enter their crypto transactions against that index security and download the index pricing.  It is a manual process but it will allow you track the transactions and market value. 
    I think the key is to identity the crypto index that is appropriate for you and to hope that the index pricing can be downloaded into Quicken.  Which crypto currency are you investing with?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    What some people are doing is to track an appropriate crypto index and treat it like a security.  They can then manually enter their crypto transactions against that index security and download the index pricing.  It is a manual process but it will allow you track the transactions and market value. 
    I think the key is to identity the crypto index that is appropriate for you and to hope that the index pricing can be downloaded into Quicken.  Which crypto currency are you investing with?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.