Pass club checking account information to new treasurer

Options
I am the treasurer of a social club and have been using Quicken to keep track of it's checking account. My term is about over and I need to pass the information on to a new treasurer. How can I do this without passing along my personal checking account information as well.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I HOPE that the club's accounts and info are in a separate data file than your personal info.
    If this is NOT the case, you've got a LOT of manual work to do to separate the two.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Depends on what form you want to transfer it to them in.

If a spreadsheet will do, then select the account's register in the sidebar and click menu File > Export > Register Transactions to CSV...

If you want to give them a Quicken Mac file, then make a copy of the data file and open it. Delete all accounts except the club's account. Save a backup of that file and give them the backup. 

By the way, if they use Quicken Windows, they will not be able to import the QMac file and there's really no good way to transfer QMac into QWin.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Garfish
    Garfish Member ✭✭
    Options
    If Q Windows user can they import the CVS file??
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Garfish said:
    If Q Windows user can they import the CVS file??
    If you were asking for QMac, the answer would be no, not without some unsupported third party tool. I don't know the answer for QWin. Perhaps a QWin knowledgeable user will see this and answer, but you may want to post a question about QWin importing CSV files in a QWin category. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.