Cannot add Wayfair Mastercard

Options
Wayfair now uses CITI for their Mastercard and no longer uses Comenity. When adding the Wayfair Mastercard, it gives an option for Comenity Wayfair Mastercard. The real question is HOW DO I ADD THE WAYFAIR CITI MASTERCARD?? There is no option for it to add. And, I do not think that a Wayfair Mastercard issued in October 2021 would have come from Comenity, but from CITI. Please respond to my issue ASAP. Thank You. gn

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It looks like Wayfair Mastercard uses a citiretailservices.com website for online accounts.  When I have seen that before it usually means that the Citi card needs to have its own unique Quicken setup link in order to download into Quicken.  Unfortunately, I did not find any listing for this card in the FIDIR list so that is not going to work, then.  In order for Wayfair Mastercard to be set up like this, Wayfair would need to contract with Citi and then Citi would need to contract Quicken to add support.  That would be a Wayfair decision to make.
    It is a long shot, but you could try setting up an online account on Citi.com and then try linking in your Wayfair credit card to it.  If you can do that then you should be able to set up the account in Quicken via the Citi Cards link.
    If that does not work, you can set up and manage your Wayfair credit card account in Quicken manually.
    Another option would be if Wayfair MC permits download of transactions in QIF, CSV, Excel or OXF (Money) formats.  Then you could try manually downloading from your online account in one of these formats and use a QFX converter to covert the downloaded file into something that can then be manually imported into Quicken.  You can get a freeware converter called ImportQIF from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It looks like Wayfair Mastercard uses a citiretailservices.com website for online accounts.  When I have seen that before it usually means that the Citi card needs to have its own unique Quicken setup link in order to download into Quicken.  Unfortunately, I did not find any listing for this card in the FIDIR list so that is not going to work, then.  In order for Wayfair Mastercard to be set up like this, Wayfair would need to contract with Citi and then Citi would need to contract Quicken to add support.  That would be a Wayfair decision to make.
    It is a long shot, but you could try setting up an online account on Citi.com and then try linking in your Wayfair credit card to it.  If you can do that then you should be able to set up the account in Quicken via the Citi Cards link.
    If that does not work, you can set up and manage your Wayfair credit card account in Quicken manually.
    Another option would be if Wayfair MC permits download of transactions in QIF, CSV, Excel or OXF (Money) formats.  Then you could try manually downloading from your online account in one of these formats and use a QFX converter to covert the downloaded file into something that can then be manually imported into Quicken.  You can get a freeware converter called ImportQIF from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• georgenazar
    georgenazar Member ✭✭
    Options
    This does answer my question in detail (and I thank you for that!) But it does not resolve my issue. I have been a quicken user since Quicken 98, and there have always been some banks/cards that do not participate in the Quicken download process. I can only hope that Wayfair Credit will see this and contact Quicken so they can communicate with each other via the Quicken software.

(QW Premier Subscription: R36.38 on Windows 11)
This discussion has been closed.