Quicken doesn't provide information I am looking for

bryceintexas
bryceintexas Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Reports (Windows)
An example is when I am paid dividends from a Fidelity mutual fund at the end of the month. Quicken shows the number of shares paid and the price per share. I want to see the total, also. Quicken doesn't provide that.

I want to see a monthly itemization of dividends paid by each company, as well as any other revenue I am paid for a given month so I know how much income I am receiving monthly. Why doesn't Quicken provide that?

I'm finding your software is mostly useless to me. Right now I can't get all my Schwab account activity downloaded. And Quicken doesn't give vital information, such as what I mentioned, that an investor needs. Quicken has really declined as an investment software. I hate it.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you try an Investment Transactions Report suitable customized to the types of actions you are interested in and perhaps subtotaled by security 

You might also look at the Investing Activity Report.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help with your Schwab woes, but I think the report you are looking for might be the Reports > Investing > Investment Transactions report, subtotaled by Security. Select the Category(s) you want to include, _DivInc _IntInc, and _CGLong for example. You can select the Account(s) you want to include and the date range.

Reinvestments are a little inconvenient because they are on two lines.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    edited November 2021
    Or if you don't need the transaction level detail, you could use the Investment Income report for your selected account(s) and date range, subtotaled by security. This report will have a row for each type of income and a column for each security.
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    Yes, that helps for the report I am wanting to see.

I wish Quicken would get on the stick and solve my Schwab accounts problem. It seems like Schwab wants control and doesn't want any 3rd party software accessing their information. I had the same problem with StockMarketEye and dropped that software because of the problems downloading from Schwab. Now it's Quicken, also.

I'm regretting ever migrating from Fidelity to Schwab for most of my investments. I still have a little left at Fidelity and I have no problems with them. Schwab has been a huge headache.
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I still can't download my Schwab account info. [Removed-Disruptive]
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    I've sent messages to you directly and have not received an acknowledgement that you got them. Not a good business practice.
  • Jim_Harman
    Who have you sent messages to and how did you send them? Most users cannot send direct messages on this forum.
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    TWice there was a box to send a message. I'm not sure how I reached that, but I did, twice. I've tried calling but the wait time was close to an hour. That doesn't work. if you can't serve your customers on a more timely basis, then you need less customers.

If this isn't resolved by Friday I will call my credit card company and challenge the charge made on Nov 11 and say goodbye to Intuit. This company needs tons of improvement in customer service.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bryceintexas, this is a user to user community. We are not Quicken employees (except for the Moderators) but other Quicken users who volunteer their time to help other users. Also, Intuit hasn't owned Quicken since 2016. If you want support from Quicken, you need to either chat or call.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    I have tried calling, as I already stated, but I can't get anyone. I'm on hold forever. So, what it amounts to is that there is no customer service. I've been sold a defective product without any support. That's what it amounts to. So, what I need to do is report whoever owns the software to the FTC.
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    I note that one of my posts was removed and the reason given was it was "disruptive".

Look guys, do you have any consideration that I can't get ahold of anyone at Quicken to help me resolve the issues? Apparently not. Thanks sooooooooo much for your understanding.
  • Jim_Harman
    @bryceintexas, it is not clear exactly what issues you are having with Schwab and how far you have gotten on resolving them, but you may find this newly updated Support post helpful.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/errors-when-updating-or-adding-charles-schwab-accounts
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think the frustration directed at Quicken for connectivity problems with Schwab is unwarranted.

Schwab changed their security protocol for downloading transactions from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect.  That's a major undertaking and not Quicken's doing.  I think Quicken customers should contact Schwab and direct their frustration and anger towards them.  

As to creating an income report, I've created a saved report that I've used for over ten years.  So it's definitely doable...and easy...and saved to my Quicken toolbar.  Create an income/expense report, select the accounts you have income recorded in, select only all the income categories.  Done.  Save.  
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I do agree that it is Schwab that has made changes that has required Quicken to make changes. I have vented to Schwab before when I was using StockMarketEye and something similar was happening. I couldn't download my Schwab info anymore (prices, changes in prices, current market value, buy and sell transactions etc.) StockMarketEye's solution was to create a new, upgraded version of their software that required me to shell out more money. Whether it actually worked or not I don't know. I felt like I should have access to my information until my subscription expired, which was another six months. So, I left them and bought Quicken.

Now the same thing is happening all over again. Schwab told me it was StockMarketEye's problem and to contact them for resolution. That's what they'll tell me now if I contact them, that it's Quicken's problem and to contact them. Which I would if that were possible. It's not. Do you really think that having to wait 45 minutes to an hour is reasonable? I don't.

Quicken needs to improve their customer service so that wait times aren't near as long. '

Here's what I did today:
    (1) installed a saved version of my data from early November, before these changes took place. This is after upgrading to R35.46 of their software.
    (2) updated my data. Some extra steps were required to do this which I don't recall exactly what they were now, but it wasn't difficult.
    (3) accepted the new transactions in both Schwab accounts. There were about 26 or so.

This worked to get both Schwab accounts to where they would download and most of my information is current and correct. My ANLY preferred stock prices didn't update for some reason so that is still messed up and I don't know what to do about that. My covered calls are not updating either, two covered calls. Several other stocks' cost are off $5 to $10. I don't know how to correct that.

But overall most of my data is correct now, though not all.

If I had been able to contact a customer rep at Quicken, that would have been nice. I'll keep trying but my expectations at this point are nil.

StockmarketEye was much easier to use to generate reports. It was very user intuitive for me. Quicken is like pulling teeth to me. Not intuitive.

Seeing the other messages posted here, it's obvious a lot of folks are experiencing problems. I assume that's the reason for the extremely long wait times to talk with someone.
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    I may have had to deactivate my Schwab accounts, then reactivate them. Can't remember exactly. However, after that I updated my data file and I had like 200 some odd transactions to update from over a year ago. That didn't work, too much to try and sort out, so I then updated Quicken with a saved file of my data from early November. (This is after upgrading software to R35.46) Then I updated my data again and there were only about 26 transactions to add that were all recent. That worked. I checked current market prices and values and costs after this and most was in agreement with Schwab.
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    I followed the steps in this link:

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-manually-migrate-charles-schwab-accounts-quicken-windows
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    Except after following the steps in the link above, I had to pull an early November save of my data and updated Quicken with that, then downloaded my data again to get it current (26 transactions to add, about)

I'd call that Jerryrigging, eh?
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    For users information, I was on the phone today with a Quicken Rep for close to an hour trying to resolve my preferred stock prices not updating since Nov 8th, and trying to get the Orion REIT stock that was issued by Realty Income Trust to show up in my account. I was told by the representative, after a length of time, that no one else was having this issue and to contact Schwab for further help.

So, I contacted Schwab and one of their representatives contacted Quicken about the issues I was having. At that point I began talking to this Quicken rep who was higher on the pay scale than the first one I talked to. He told me that they were still having some issues and to be patient and they would be resolved.

Here is the notice from Quicken that came out today:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902872/new-12-3-21-quotes-missing-intermittently

As to this reply:

"@bryceintexas, this is a user to user community. We are not Quicken employees (except for the Moderators) but other Quicken users who volunteer their time to help other users. Also, Intuit hasn't owned Quicken since 2016. If you want support from Quicken, you need to either chat or call."

My reply is that Quicken lists 3 graphic forms of help when I click on "contact Quicken Support":
    (1) "Call Us"
    (2) "Chat With Us'
    (3) "Ask Our Community" : "Get expert help from users, it's open 24/7"

It was after operating hours when I first was trying to get help, so I used the "Ask Our Community" option. Trying to call Quicken the first time, the wait time was 56 minutes. Today it was 36. Neither is acceptable, IMO. At one point today I found another phone number besides the 650-250-1900 number to call. It took only 2 or 3 minutes using the [premier support] number to talk to a Quicken Rep.

So, my issues are not resolved yet, but they have been escalated to higher ups at Quicken, thanks to Schwab, so I hope they will be resolved within the next one to two weeks.

I hope this reply is not considered "disruptive". I'm simply a cash paying customer who had the impression Quicken could handle my investments with its software. I'm still hoping that will be the case.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see this topic, I think, "Quicken does not provide the droids you're looking for."

@bryceintexas I hope you've updated past R35.46 to hopefully get some Schwab remediation.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    I have no idea what is meant with your "droids" comment.

I find it very hard to prepare a report for what I need. Jim_Harman was very helpful in that regard.

If you had read my post you would know that I spent about an hour with the first Quicken Customer Rep. That by itself tells you I am updated with all known patches and the latest update. R37.37 is what I am using, FYI.

And the problems are with Quicken, not Schwab. Confirmed with the second Quicken Rep I talked to and here is a link validating that:

"Our teams are investigating reports of some quotes not updating or updating intermittently.

This issue has been escalated to our service providers for further investigation.

To be automatically notified as updates and/or a solution become available, please follow this alert by clicking the bookmark icon in the upper right.

Thank you !

(Ticket #9036882)"

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902872/new-12-3-21-quotes-missing-intermittently

Signed,

Bullwinkle :)
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    Oh, and I've followed all the steps in this post, also:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20220623#Comment_20220623

Still no resolution.
  • bryceintexas
    bryceintexas Member ✭✭
    No resolution. Quicken can't interface with Schwab. I consider the software trash and have received an email stating my subscription charged to my credit card has been refunded. I'm outta here. Best of luck to Quicken users having the same issues. It was Nov 8th when I started having them and they never got resolved. See ya.
This discussion has been closed.