Capital One Download Still Broken for Months. Getting CC-501.

A few months ago Capital One changed its authentication method. Its Express Web Connect + (plus) no longer downloaded transactions but did not report an error. I have a Capital One Credit Card. Tried the following, all resulting in a CC-501 error;
1) Called Capital One. They blamed Quicken.
2) Called Quicken Support which gave me the following fixes which all did not worked and gave a CC-501;
a) reset account
b) Add Capital One Bank - New Account
c) Add Capital One Credit - Current
d) Reset Quicken Id

Performed a super-validation and no errors reported.

I have Quicken Home, Business, and Retail Windows 10 Enterprise, Version R36.38, Build 27.1.36.38.

This issue has been outstanding for 3 months. Has anybody fixed it or found a work a round besides logging into your Capital One account and downloading the transactions?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    … Has anybody fixed it or found a work a round besides logging into your Capital One account and downloading the transactions?
    Going to the CapOne website and doing the download myself is the only way I have done it and I'll be willing to bet that I have spent less time doing it that way than wasting time with the issues that CapOne causes by constantly tweaking their website and breaking the download process.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• rgornitsky
    rgornitsky Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [Removed - Speculation]
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken is just a customer of Intuit's data aggregation service that is interfacing with CapOne to retrieve your financial transactions, so all Quicken can do is suggest possible solutions.
    Your real complaint is with CapOne and Intuit and there is no way for a Q customer to complain to Intuit.
    What you see as a simple fix might not be.  The only folks that know how simple it might be are CapOne and Intuit. 
    Like I stated earlier, do the manual Web Connect .QFX file downloads and have no issues at all.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• rgornitsky
    rgornitsky Member ✭✭
    Yeah, I know the work-around and I am doing it. I have many accounts and it is just a pain to do this extra step because nobody will fix this simple bug.
  • rgornitsky
    rgornitsky Member ✭✭
    There is a community alert on this issue. Quicken is working on it. Why it is taking so long to fix it is beyond me. It is only code. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900427/ongoing-11-10-21-capital-one-cc-901-501-or-prompt-to-re-authorize-accounts
This discussion has been closed.