Does the latest version of Quicken (subscription) work with windows 11?

Options
Flutes
Flutes Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Before you Buy
I am going from Quicken 2009 to the latest subscription version. I have the Quicken 2013 version ready to convert my files. Will the latest version work with windows 11? Also, will my files be on my computer or on Quicken's servers?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Flutes said:
    I am going from Quicken 2009 to the latest subscription version. I have the Quicken 2013 version ready to convert my files. Will the latest version work with windows 11? Also, will my files be on my computer or on Quicken's servers?
    Quicken 2009 should continue to work with Windows 11 as should the latest version.  Your files will be on your computer.
  • jreyes17
    jreyes17 Member
    Options
    I have seen that others are not having problems, however I am. I am using Quicken Deluxe V R36.54, quicken worked fine for about 2 weeks now it won't even open and crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I contacted support and was told that Windows 11 wasn't supported yet. I had to install it on an older laptop that Windows 11 isn't supported on for now.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jreyes17 said:
    I have seen that others are not having problems, however I am. I am using Quicken Deluxe V R36.54, quicken worked fine for about 2 weeks now it won't even open and crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I contacted support and was told that Windows 11 wasn't supported yet. I had to install it on an older laptop that Windows 11 isn't supported on for now.
    Did Support also tell you to validate and supervalidate your data file?
    If that doesn't resolve the issue, restore your Quicken data file from a Manual or Automatic Backup taken prior to the problem first occurring, if necessary going back to older backups until you find a file that does not exhibit these symptoms.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Based on other posts in the Community, Quicken Subscription and even older versions run on Windows 11.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    FWIW, I've been running Quicken Subscription on Windows 11 since the beginning of November and have not experienced any problems. Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.