Watchlist does not update prices

TPerk
TPerk Member ✭✭✭
25 yr User.......I've read all about this and have tried many suggested solutions, none of which have worked. Simply put, my Watchlist and its securities are set up properly. I get no price updates on my five watched mutual funds, nor my 4 watched indexes. I could sure use some help troubleshooting / fixing this.
Thanks
Tom
Tom P In Sunny Virginia Beach, Va
Q Win Premier Sub

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    What is one of the ticker symbols? 

Did this problem start recently, or has it been going on for a long time? There have been quote downloading problems recently.

Does the problem affect all your quote downloads, or just specific securities? Does it affect all the securities on your Watch List?

For price quotes to work, you must have a valid Quicken subscription, securities on the Watch list must have valid tickers, and the security's Download Quotes box must be checked in the Security list.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    Jim,

Weird, I just right now got notification of your reply.

Tickers GLDM, GLTR, SLVRU
    Indexes Dow, Nasd Composite, Russell 2000, S&P 500

Don't know how long becuase just set this up about a month ago, and has not worked yet.
    Affects only watch list (all).

"For price quotes to work, you must have a valid Quicken subscription, securities on the Watch list must have valid tickers, and the security's Download Quotes box must be checked in the Security list."
    Done, Done, Done.

Chk the pics. All of my other 40-50 securities populate all columns.
    Q Win Premier Sub
  • Jim_Harman
    All the columns you show are calculated based on your holdings and investing activity. You do not hold any shares of the Watch List or indexes, so there is nothing to calculate. You should see numbers in the Quote/Price column for those securities.

The Return (%) XXX numbers are downloaded with the quote data and should display for the Watch List securities. Note that this data is as of your last download and does not change if you change the Portfolio As of date. 
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    Jim,
    Got this working as you said. Had to add quote/price column. What I had really hoped to do is find a way to easily watch periodic un-owned security gains / losses. Graphs would be even better.
    Q Win Premier Sub
  • Jim_Harman
    This is somewhat a matter of terminology. Gains and losses depend on how many shares you own. No shares, no gain or loss. 

Several of Portfolio columns are based on quote data and not on your holdings, and thus are available for the Watch List if you do not hold any shares. These include
    Quote/Price
    Price Day Change 
    52 Week Range
    Day Range
    Dividend
    Annual Dividend
    Average Volume
    Bid/Ask

I would have expected the Return (%) columns to be available for the Watch List, but for some reason they are all showing as N/A in my test file. It appears that Quicken is excluding them if you do not hold any shares, and the data is not available for some securities.

• TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Jim,

Thanks MUCH for your help!
    Q Win Premier Sub
This discussion has been closed.