Download beyond 90 days transactions from Fidelity

In another post from 2019, someone asked this question:

"It seems like there is an option to download 24 months of transaction/investing data from Fidelity, but the default is 90 days. Is there a way to download 24 months of data from Fidelity? I am open to downloading a QFX/QIF file, and uploading to Quicken if I have to"

There is an answer given that seems would do the trick. However, I have tried it and after hitting Refresh, nothing happens.

The original post is here:
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7865494/fidelity-download-24-months-of-transactions
I would reply to it, but it is closed.

Can anyone help me download transactions older than 90 days?

Best Answer

• SMLCreative
    SMLCreative Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I solved it. Posting the answer here for others. The steps are important but worked perfectly.

In Quicken...
    1. Click "Tools"
    2. Click "Online Center"
    3. Press and hold the "Control" key while you click "Contact Info"
    4. Choose the account to update from the dropdown menu
    5. Click "Reset DTSTART"
    6. Enter a date that is up to 24 months ago- if you enter a date that is more than 24 months ago, you will receive an error and will need to start over
    7. Click "Refresh"
    8. Click "Update/Send" in the top right of the Online Center window. If you receive another pop up, click the affirmative choice (yes, continue, update, etc.). You may be asked for your Quicken Vault password as well.
    9. The transactions pull in 90 days at a time, so you have to hit the update transactions button 7 or 8 times in order to import the full 24 months
    10. The update process must be completed before you can accept any transactions. If you accept transactions before the whole timeframe has been imported you might receive an error and have to start over.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • SMLCreative
    SMLCreative Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, that link is not relevant to Fidelity. The only way to get Quicken files from Fidelity is through the online connection in Quicken. Their website only offers CSV formatted files. That's why I was hopeful in the original post I linked. It went only through Quicken.
  • Greg_the_Geek
  • SMLCreative
    SMLCreative Member ✭✭
    I tried that already as well. Unfortunately, the CSV files from Fidelity only contain the total and subtotals for the accounts you own. It does not contain any of the individual transactions.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I would suggest contacting Fidelity. 
  • SMLCreative
    SMLCreative Member ✭✭
    Tried that too. No luck. That's why I came here. :(
  • SMLCreative
    SMLCreative Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I solved it. Posting the answer here for others. The steps are important but worked perfectly.

In Quicken...
    1. Click "Tools"
    2. Click "Online Center"
    3. Press and hold the "Control" key while you click "Contact Info"
    4. Choose the account to update from the dropdown menu
    5. Click "Reset DTSTART"
    6. Enter a date that is up to 24 months ago- if you enter a date that is more than 24 months ago, you will receive an error and will need to start over
    7. Click "Refresh"
    8. Click "Update/Send" in the top right of the Online Center window. If you receive another pop up, click the affirmative choice (yes, continue, update, etc.). You may be asked for your Quicken Vault password as well.
    9. The transactions pull in 90 days at a time, so you have to hit the update transactions button 7 or 8 times in order to import the full 24 months
    10. The update process must be completed before you can accept any transactions. If you accept transactions before the whole timeframe has been imported you might receive an error and have to start over.
  • Hello @SMLCreative,

Thank you for updating all of us in the Community with the resolution you found. I am sure others will find this useful as well. Much appreciated!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.