Schwab connections appear broken

Reed Welch
Reed Welch Member ✭✭✭

The changes with respect to Schwab is very messy, broken, and not working.Note that the problems I am describing below didn’t exist before the major change.

Am now unable to update transactions for my primary Quicken  file. After successfully logging into the Schwab account, it is not displaying all accounts available, including several retirement accounts. When selecting Schwab accounts to link to Q accounts, it show an account that I previously selected to link and I have to relink, then Q does it's thing and all accounts report "Quicken cannot connect to this account" for all the accounts I chose to link.

I have a 2nd Quicken file to manage an estate for a deceased relative. When I open that data file and try to reset the Schwab connections, Schwab is suggesting to select the same accounts as I use with my primary account, which is not what I want, I am managing other accounts. I select only 4 Schwab accounts of interest, but when it returns to Quicken, it shows linking on 3 of the 4 accounts previously selected, the 4th account doesn’t even appear, and it suggests adding 17 accounts that I don’t want, and I have to “ignore” these one by one (tedious). After all that, the 3 accounts that I attempted to connect report "Quicken cannot connect to this account"

I have 24 individual Schwab accounts, including POA accounts, and estate accounts.

I have 2 Quicken files, primary one to manage personal finances, and a 2nd to manage the estate of a deceased relative.

Am I doing something wrong or is there some other action I need to take to fix this?

Or is this something that Quicken and Schwab to to fix for the user?

Using latest Mac version, 6.4.4, as reported by the Quicken application

Comments

• Hello @Reed Welch,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are having issues with the Schwab migration. 

Please read over this Knowledge Base article. There are drop-down options that address some of the issues you are experiencing. The steps are on the Windows side of the article, but they still pertain to Mac as well. 

I also feel like I should mention that you will only be able to use one Quicken data file to connect to Schwab now. 

Let us know if you are able to resolve the issues you are seeing with the provided resource. If not, we will be happy to provide further assistance. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• Reed Welch
    Reed Welch Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Alyssa, 2 days ago I spent close to 90 minutes on the phone with tech support, I believe it may have been with you or maybe Addaline, to reset Schwab accounts. Which worked fine for 2 days. Just attempted an update and received the following account status errors, affecting all the Schwab accounts.

Any thoughts on what to do to solve this?

• Hello @Reed Welch,

Thank you for the update, and I apologize for the delayed response.

Can I please have you go to Help>Report a Problem, from within your quicken software. From there you can send your log files over to Quicken and we can talk a look at them for you. 

Let us know when you have done this and we will go from there, thanks.

Quicken Alyssa

• Reed Welch
    Reed Welch Member ✭✭✭
    Log file submitted. Note that for this Q file, I was able to download yesterday, but not today. Is there an estimated timeline on when this situation will be fixed?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Reed Welch, 

Thank you for submitting the bug report with the log files. At this time we do not have an ETA unfortunately. We do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience greatly. 

Thank you! 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.