Verizon Wireless link eBill

Unable to link Verizon Wireless mobile account via e Bill. Initially I get a reply asking where to send the confirmation code but nowhere in ebill linking can I insert the code. 

Is there a known QM issue here or is it an issue on my end?

Answers

• Hello @Concordman,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community with your questions and concerns.

To answer your question, no there is not any known issue with the Verizon Wireless biller currently. However, I have been noticing that some people who have an issue connecting to Verizon Wireless, have more luck when they use the Verizon Residential instance.

Please try connecting to that instance and let us know how that goes. Thank you. 

Quicken Alyssa

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    @Concordman

I am having exactly the same problems with Verizon with my Beta program.  They behave in a very flaky manner as I was able to setup my eBill in my production Quicken Mac version.  When I did I then went to the Beta Mac version (both are the latest versions-Version 6.4.4 (Build 604.41834.100)) and I experienced everything that you did.
    I then closed the application and tried again and this time was asked a security question, which I answered correctly but it kept insisting I was providing the wrong information.  I went to Verizon web page and made sure the answer I was providing was the correct one.  I am still fighting to get the Beta version eBill working.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Hasn't been working for a while now on my production program, I am up to date with the latest QM versions. I reset my PW on the Verizon web page, no help.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    @Quicken Alyssa..tried using verizon residential , no help infinite spin trying to get log in info, the difference was that with residential I am asked for the user id where as Verizon wireless they want the cell #
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    This is the QM response trying to long into Verizon Residential
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    In my continuing battle to eBill my Verizon account in my Mac Beta  I just went through the entire process of signing in, and then received a message from Verizon that they needed more data.  I clicked to continue (sic Sign in). Next I received a code on my cell phone from Verizon to enter and validate who I was but I never received a screen where I could enter the data I had received from Verizon.  The process just timed out and I received a screen that stated I had pride more data.  See screen shot. I had the data they wanted but I was never given the opportunity to submit it.  Don't know what to do next.
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    I have tried and tried to activate Verizon as an eBiller on my Mac Beta program but to no avail.  When I use the cell number as U/N I go through a process where I get an authorization code but do not get change to submit it to Verizon,  instead I get the message "LOCKED ACCOUNT"  "Try Again".  When I use the Verizon Residential and sign in with a user name and DO NOT GET a security code but it still goes into the interminable spin mode while getting " Getting eBill - - - - - - " and eventually come back with the screen "An Unexpected error has occurred". Try Again.
    I know there is receptive information above but I have tried AGAIN and AGAIN.  I also reset my iCloud Account for the Beta file and that did not work either and that created new problems for several files that got the Red exclamation mark.
    This appears to be more than a trivial problem.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Total agreement the linking ebiller not working with Verizon, I have gone thru  multiple hoops similar Jobworker, can’t make this work 
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Tried this again ..got the authorization code from Verizon but there was no place in QM for me to enter the code
  • Hello @Concordman.

Thank you for that update. 

I took a look at your billers, and while I do see many failed attempts at adding "Verizon" and "Verizon Wireless", I do not see anything for Verizon Residential. Can you please try this again and let me know when that is done. Thank you. 

Quicken Alyssa

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    @quicken Alyssa..attemped to link using Verizon Residential.. No good. infinite spin trying to log in to the ebiller
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    @quicken Alyssa  I have tried all ways to link my eBill to Verizon on my Beta program.  I have tried everyday accessing the account by phone number or user name.  None has worked BUT it worked for me one my production version and for the first in months I received an eBill today.  I did everything spoken about in this conversation between you and Concordman and one day it clicked and is now OK with my production version.  My continued efforts are having no success with my Beta version.  If I use the phone number I get a code but have no place to enter it before it all fails and if I used my User Name I do not get the option to enter any confirming data and it also then fails.
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    In my latest attempt to link Verizon as an eBill I used the "Residential" Verizon, did my sign on and after quite a wait received a window requisition the answer to my secret question to verify my bona fides.  The question was 'what was my first concert that I had attended'.  This was not my secret question registered with Verizon and I could get the right question in the window.  So I went to my Verizon web page and changed my secret question to the one 'they' ( I don't know who they were - Either passed through Quicken or direct from Verizon) wanted to know. I entered the, now correct response and after another wait I received the same question again saying additional information was required.  I answered the concert question several times and then gave up because I was wasting my time.  Frustrating as all get out.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an actual Verizon landline ("Residential"?) account. For grins, I decided to connect the Verizon account in Quicken to Verizon Residential in the eBiller list.

The process went smoothly, if a bit slowly. I entered my Username and Password as I would in a Web browser. I then waited about 3-4 minutes while things churned, but eventually I was presented with a window where I could select my Verizon account and link it to the account in Quicken.

Notably, I was not asked a security question (I do have one on file with Verizon).

Just a data point. Not going to help with Verizon Wireless, but at least Verizon Residential seems to work as one might expect with a lasdline account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    I have tried both, Verizon and Verizon Residential.  Verizon Residential worked for me on my production Mac Quicken but nothing works for on my Beta system.  Sometimes I get a request for my secret data and when i put it in it asks for it again.  It just seems to vary in behavior and I have tried many times in Beta but not succeeded.  Weird!
  • Hello all,

Thank you for continuing to troubleshoot this issue and reporting your progress with this. 

I did report the issues internally from our end for @jobworker and @Concordman. You guys can do the same from within your software by going to Help>Report a Problem. Describe the issue in the appropriate field and then send it in. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Will do.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    I don't have a Verizon Residential account which may  be why I cant get anywhere with this approach
  • Hello again @Concordman,

No, even users without a "Verizon Residential" account have had success using that instance rather than the "Verizon Wireless" instance. 

Is your issue only related to your Beta version of Quicken?

Thank you, @jobworker. Appreciate your participation!

Quicken Alyssa

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Both Production & betas version no worky
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    I just tried to do both my production and Beta versions using Verizon Wireless.  In both cases I was asked for my cell phone number, received a code then received a window to enter my code and everything worked.  Both now are setup as eBills.  
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Same positive result both production & beta versions with Verizon wireless. Everything worked as it should & has in the past. It would be interesting to learn what changes were made by the folks at Quicken for things to work properly
This discussion has been closed.