Quicken doesn't download transactions from Financial Center First Credit Union

Spent two 1-hr sessions on phone with nice Quicken customer support people for a CC-501 problem that started after FCFCU updated their system. Quicken said that the problem was with FCFCU because they didn't have FCFCU in their list of "known trouble" sites like Charles Schwab. Called FCFCU, they said that no Intuit products will work with their system now, no idea why, no fix planned. WHAT?! I just ordered new checks for that account. Should I simply change banks?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • murph3000
    murph3000 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Sherlock. In an online chat a tech rep at the credit union told me that none of the three connection methods is working currently, not even downloading a transaction file. He said they plan to email all clients when they fix it. It's been down for about three weeks, as I recall.
  • pjames159
    pjames159 Member ✭✭
    This problem is still happening, after nearly a month. It has happened in past years and they never notify customers when it happens nor when it's resolved.
    Even their feature to download transactions results in duplicates if you've already downloaded during the month, it's not selective at all.
  • murph3000
    murph3000 Member ✭✭
    I was able to get tech support to show me how to download the transaction file as a QIF (I think) and import it into Quicken. The choice is one month at a time. I hadn't entered any of them into Quicken, so I didn't get any duplicates, but this certainly undercuts my willingness to pay annually for a product that doesn't do what it's supposed to do. Or maybe it's time for me to change banks to one that's more up to date technologically. Thanks for your replies!
This discussion has been closed.