RBC transactions incomplete

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Is anyone else having issues downloading transactions from Royal Bank of Canada?.

Best Answer

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello all,

We do currently have an Open Alert for issues importing QFX files. You can use the link provided to get there. Once there you can bookmark it to stay up to date on progress made on the issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Quicken Alyssa

Answers

• RBC transactions incomplete. Missing many transactions over 18 day period between November 6 to 23, 2021. Newly acquired Quicken for Mac in the last 2 months. I download transactions once a month.
    Why is this happening?
  • Hello @franchico,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and add to this discussion, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

I am going to need some more details to better determine what may be causing this issue. What instance of RBC are you trying to connect to? Are there new transactions after 11/23 that have been downloaded, leaving a gap? Are you getting any errors when trying to connect to RBC? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you on this. 

Quicken Alyssa

• Yes there are new transactions after Nov. 23. I am downloading via the RBC online app to Quicken. I just did another download today and only transactions up to Dec. 2 were registered.
  • Hello @franchico,

Thank you for the update, I apologize for the delayed response. 

Can I have you open a new (test)file, and try importing the same file there? I want to see if the transactions are missing from the download altogether, or just not going into Quicken for some reason.

To do this;
    1. Go to File and select New.
    2. Choose Start from scratch and click Next through the following prompts.
    3. Once the "test" file is open, try importing your transactions again.

Do the missing transactions now appear here? Looking forward to hearing back from you on this, thanks.

Quicken Alyssa

• I have the same problem, I tried what you suggested and transactions after December 6 are missing
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem, I tried what you suggested and transactions after December 6 are missing
    Hello @Gary Gumley,  

I know these kinds of download issues are irritating, and I am happy you chose to speak with us about this here on the Quicken Community. When you say that you tried what was suggested, were you referring to the creation of a test file, per @Quicken Alyssa's instructions? I just want to be clear.

I look forward to our future correspondence. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Hi Jared, thanks for responding.
    Yes, I completed the "test" file and the missing transactions from the Royal bank have still not loaded.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jared, thanks for responding.
    Yes, I completed the "test" file and the missing transactions from the Royal bank have still not loaded.
    @Gary Gumley ,

I am sorry that the issue is persisting for you. Before we go any further, which MacOS are you using and which version of Quicken are you working with?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• NS-D
    NS-D Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Francisco" said:
    > Hello @4calgary
    >
    > Thank
    > you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do
    > apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here what exactly is causing the issue as it's not an error I've seen before here. To start off the first thing we can attempt here is to sign out and back in to see if that may help us with narrowing down the issue. You can do so by going across the top of your mac and selecting Quicken > Sign out. From there you should be able to sign back into the program as well.
    >
    > Once you've done so go try updating again and see if you get the same message again. Let us know how it goes!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken
    > Francisco

Same problem for me!!
  • NS-D
    NS-D Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem with the Royal Bank with my new Quicken for Mac subscription. Very disappointing.
  • NS-D
    NS-D Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I have tried logging out and in twice. I think I'll ask for a refund and try a different program if I cant fix this. Also I cannot connect to Quicken support at all. [Removed-Speculative]
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello all,

We do currently have an Open Alert for issues importing QFX files. You can use the link provided to get there. Once there you can bookmark it to stay up to date on progress made on the issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Quicken Alyssa

• What seems to have happened is that the transactions have been downloaded but the individual items have not appeared in my the ledger for the Visa account I am attempting to reconcile. The balance is accurate but about 25 entries don't appear in the ledger. I have made a separate file, added the missing transactions and the balance is incorrect after I do that. Please help as soon as possible as I am trying to complete my year end analysis and plan my budget for this year.
  • Is anyone following this chain, my issue is different from the one linked to my original question. I am using automatic update not .qfx file transfers.
  • Dpballen
    Dpballen Member
    I am having the same issue. When i open (using the notepad) the QFX file that is downloaded from RBC, i see that the missing transactions are not present in the QFX file generated by RBC. The missing transactions do however appear in the RBC Online Banking ledger. It appears that this is an RBC export issue rather than a Quicken Import issue. I have a call in to RBC regarding why the QXF export files are suddenly incomplete. Super frustrating!
  • KerryC
    KerryC Member
    Like Dpballen, I have a gap in the qfx file I downloaded from RBC last night. Transactions for the whole first half of January are missing. I also exported as .csv format and the same transactions are missing. Called RBC Online Banking last night; After waiting a half hour I was told it's a RBC Mastercard issue so they transferred me there. RBC Mastercard support said no, it's an online banking issue and transferred me back there. Ugh. After waiting another 20 minutes for someone to answer, I gave up. I asked my son to try downloading from his account and his transactions for the same period came through, so it's not a consistent problem.
This discussion has been closed.