Quicken Mac prompts "changing" Schwab login every time even AFTER update

Eric
Eric Member ✭✭✭
I have followed the prompts and updated several times. The accounts seem to be updating just fine, but the prompt keeps popping up every time. If I select 'cancel', it asks for Account Credential for zzz-Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. I believe that's the old interface. As far as I can tell, NONE of my accounts is linked to that anymore.

Comments

• berny123
    berny123 Member
    I am having the same issue?
  • Hello @Eric & @berny123,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

Can I have you both check to make sure that you don't have any hidden or old accounts that are still trying to connect to Schwab?

To do this;
    1. Go to the Accounts tab at the top.
    2. Select the Hide and Show option.
    3. Look for any Schwab accounts and make sure that none are connected to the "zzz" instance of Charles Schwab. 

Do let us know if this resolves your issue.

Quicken Alyssa

• gcy
    gcy Member ✭✭
    I'm also having the same issue. I have two working accounts that are connected to "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc". I have 2 accounts that are NOT connected but have the financial institution as "zzz-Charles Schwab...". When I try to Activate downloads for either of these, they still try to use the "zzz" and of course fail. I have one other account that also is not connected that references the correct "Charles Schwab" but when I try to activate downloads on that one, it still wants to use the "zzz-Charles Schwab" during the activate - in other words, on just this one, the Account List shows "Charles Schwab" but the activation wants to use "zzz-Charles Schwab".
  • Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa

Finally found the offending account. It was still connected to "zzz-Charles....". Once reconnected with the correct "Charles Schwab...", the pop-up is gone!

Eric
  • gcy
    gcy Member ✭✭
    I was able to resolve the issues with my remaining 3 accounts by clearing the text for the "zzz-Charles Schwab". Although only a text field, it connected correctly and updated after the change.
    Now if I can just find out why the checking account continues to report a $0 balance and wants me to enter a balancing transaction after every update. It has been doing that since I was able to get it connected a week ago.
  • VinceSkahan
    VinceSkahan Member ✭✭
    FWIW - I noticed that if you disconnect the zzz accounts (after it makes new ones - sigh) that the prompts go away. Unfortunately when it made the new accounts mapped to the same account numbers I lost almost all the YEARS of transactions dating back to day one, which is bad. Fortunately I disconnected the original accounts rather than deleting them, but anything I'm trying to do re: cost basis is toast. Not good. Really not good. (Quicken on M1 Mac FWIW)
  • VinceSkahan
    VinceSkahan Member ✭✭
    > @VinceSkahan said:
    > FWIW - I noticed that if you disconnect the zzz accounts (after it makes new ones - sigh) that the prompts go away. Unfortunately when it made the new accounts mapped to the same account numbers I lost almost all the YEARS of transactions dating back to day one, which is bad. Fortunately I disconnected the original accounts rather than deleting them, but anything I'm trying to do re: cost basis is toast. Not good. Really not good. (Quicken on M1 Mac FWIW)

update - would it be better to unlink/relink the original accounts to the new Schwab setup ?
  • VinceSkahan
    VinceSkahan Member ✭✭
    > @VinceSkahan said:
    > update - would it be better to unlink/relink the original accounts to the new Schwab setup ?

That seemed to work fine and it caught up ok. Whew.
  • Slo
    Slo Member ✭✭
    The one unique zzz account worked fine. The other non zzz accounts did not work at all following the directions. They all show 0 balance. Fortunately I’ve not lost history by unlinking the accounts. Quicken please get this fixed soon.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Slo said:
    The one unique zzz account worked fine. The other non zzz accounts did not work at all following the directions. They all show 0 balance. Fortunately I’ve not lost history by unlinking the accounts. Quicken please get this fixed soon.
    Hello @Slo

Thank you for sharing your experience with the community, although I'm sorry to hear you are continuing to experience issues.

The 'zzz' connection has been deactivated and should no longer be working, since your account that shows it is connected with the 'zzz' Schwab option is working fine, that indicates that your profile hasn't successfully migrated to the new method.

Please contact Quicken Support so we can investigate this further, we may need to escalate this to our product teams to successfully transition you to the new method and get all of your Schwab accounts connecting and working properly.

Please let us know how it goes with support, thank you.

Sarah
  • Slo
    Slo Member ✭✭
    I removed the zzz account from quicken and reinstalled via the add an account. That account reappeared and appears fine. I no longer get the note to go to Schwab to update. My 529 accounts do not update. I removed them and attempted to reinstall. They show as x29 accounts and have no balance. Nothing is downloading to them.
  • Amazo2
    Amazo2 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Removed the zzz account and attempted to reconnect the 3 Schwab accounts I have and the window does not display ANY accounts. Worked with support, then tier 2 support, numerous calls, screen shares, log dumps, etc. Then 6.4.5 came out, still doing the same behavior. [removed - profanity]

Been going on a month now.
This discussion has been closed.