Has Quicken indicated subscriber compensation for the extended time quicken has been buggy?

I use quicken for household finance, but the reason I have a subscription is to download transactions from 5 Schwab accounts. I pay an annual membership fee for this service, and it appears that by the time the current quicken software bug is fixed I will have lost 1 month or more of utility from that subscription. I believe it is entirely reasonable and fair at this point to expect my subscription expiration to be extended as many weeks as it requires for Quicken programming issues to be resolved and the software is rendered functional again.

Best Answer

• WordStar
    WordStar Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    is there a way to delete downloaded transactions en masse

Answers

• KSWALLS
    KSWALLS Member ✭✭
    Same here David. I have five accounts as well -- each with over 500 days of duplicate transactions that download when I attempt to reauthorize the connection for those accounts. If this bug isn't fixed, it will take days if not weeks (on top of my fulltime job) to get these accounts fixed -- and that's assuming the accounts download correctly AFTER I delete all of those transactions one at a time. :-( I think compensation is absolutely warranted.
  • BKD
    BKD Member ✭✭
    I agree. I have two accounts and I am having the same problem. I spent over 3 hours with tech. support, waiting and problem solving or I should say trouble shooting. I had to delete close to 900 transactions on the initial downloaded and after that I have not been able to download transaction again. BTW you can delete multiple transactions at a time by highlighting the first trans. you want to delete and holding the cntl key when you select the last one you want to delete. But that doesn't excuse the inconvenience that we have been put through.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Suppose you have been ordering food from a restaurant.  You have access to the full menu, the food is delivered fresh, and the service has been reliable.  To save money, the restaurant decides to fire all their delivery guys and switch to a delivery service that is known to be unreliable, offer only access to a limited menu, and the food, when it arrives, is usually stale.

Do you really expect the phone company to offer you compensation because of the restaurant's decision?

If you don't like the restaurant's delivery service, I suggest you consider ordering food from a different restaurant where you have access to the full menu, the food is delivered fresh, and the service is reliable.
  • David XN
    David XN Member
    No I would not, but if I have no ability to change my restaurant and have to arrange another form of delivery which requires me to change my phone service I would expect to be refunded for prepaid phone services that can no longer be rendered as originally expected.
  • WordStar
    WordStar Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    is there a way to delete downloaded transactions en masse
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    David XN said:
    No I would not, but if I have no ability to change my restaurant and have to arrange another form of delivery which requires me to change my phone service I would expect to be refunded for prepaid phone services that can no longer be rendered as originally expected.
    Whether you'll receive a refund from the phone company when you cancel your phone service will depend on the contract you have with the phone company.  

https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Returning-or-Refunding-Quicken-Products
  • David XN
    David XN Member
    Ergo my post
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    David XN said:
    Ergo my post
    The simple answer to your question is no.
    Quicken Inc indicated that they would give any kind of refund for bugs or or connection kinds of failures.  The only refund ever specified is the 30-day trial period.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BKD
    BKD Member ✭✭
    To wordstar there is a way to delete transactions en masse. Select the first transaction to be deleted (it should be highlighted). Scroll down to the last transaction you would like to delete. While holding the ctrl key down select the last transaction then all the transaction will be highlighted. Then select the delete option. That should work.
This discussion has been closed.