Request to rate quicken.com transaction email

toroscan1
toroscan1 Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I received an email from quicken asking me to rate a quicken.com transaction. But I have not made any recent transaction. My membership is due to be renewed in a week. Could that have been why? I changed my password just in case. Everything does (and has) been working fine.

Best Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @toroscan1 & @Yan Tougas

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the community, although I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience experienced.

This is a legitimate email from Quicken and is referring to any purchase made with us within the last year, not recently, as stated in the email.

I have provided feedback to the team and requested the wording of this email be updated to make the request more clear.

I apologize again and please let the community know if there are any further questions or concerns that we may assist with.

Sarah
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Spotteddog, @Dave508, & @mlizzy

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the community.  I've merged your post into an existing thread on this topic. 

This is a legitimate email from Quicken and is referring to any purchase made with us within the last year, not recently, as stated in the email.

I have provided feedback to the team and requested the wording of this email be updated to make the request more clear.

I apologize again and please let the community know if there are any further questions or concerns that we may assist with.

Sarah
    I hope this information helps and apologize again for the confusion.

Sarah

Answers

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    I received an email today asking me to "rate my purchase on Quicken.com".
    I have not bought anything from Quicken in almost a year. Why did I get this email now?
    I'm just concerned that someone might have bought something using my account. Is there some way to verify that my account is safe? 
  • I just received an email from TrustPilot asking me to rate my purchasing experience on Quicken.com. The fact is, I didn't purchase anything on Quicken.com in the last 10 months. Is this a scam or phishing attempt?
  • Dave508
    Dave508 Member ✭✭
    I received the same email 12/7/2021 at 9:05pm. I have not purchased anything either. My subscription is not up for renewal now either. I did not see any charge on any credit cards. Along with this I received a text message to my phone asking me to "Quicken alert: You've set up an account with this phone number. Please use this link to verify: " (along with some link that I did not click).

Would someone from quicken please let us know what is going on with this? Is this some kind of bug at quicken services or are we under some kind of identity attack? Please let us know.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Dave,
    In addition to the email, I got the same text message you got. I did not click on it either. What's up, Quicken?
  • mlizzy
    mlizzy Member ✭✭
    I received one also and have not purchased anything in 9 months. What gives?
  • mlizzy
    mlizzy Member ✭✭
    I received same email and not made a Quicken purchase over 9 months
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello @toroscan1 & @Yan Tougas

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the community, although I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience experienced.

Sarah
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Spotteddog, @Dave508, & @mlizzy

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the community.  I've merged your post into an existing thread on this topic. 

Sarah
    I hope this information helps and apologize again for the confusion.

Sarah
  • toroscan1
    toroscan1 Member ✭✭
    The email gave me quite a scare. Not what Quicken would like as a reaction.
  • Hello all,

We now have an Announcement created for this. Please use the provided link if you would like to view it.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Dave508
    Dave508 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa - by way of feedback I'd like to say that it is inappropriate and confusing for Quicken to solicit feedback about a purchase made (in most cases annual renewals via automated process) many months ago. Quicken has never done this in the past. I believe it was some kind of mistake that these were sent out, but I read the Announcement that claimed it was "normal". If it is, then rest assured Quicken will receive low or no responses to these queries. Why should they? Would you be able to provide feedback on a purchase made automatically (a renewal) 9 months ago?
This discussion has been closed.