I am unable to access "Reconcile" after an update this morning (12/10/2021).

judith.leroux
judith.leroux Member ✭✭
I am unable to access my "Reconcile" after the system did an update this morning (12/10/2021). What can I do to fix this?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on Mac or Windows? Your profile says Mac but you posted this under Windows.
    In either case, you'll need to be more specific about what happens when you try to reconcile.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Thank you. I am on MacOS 12.0.1. I select "Reconcile" in the Quicken program and nothing happens.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @judith.leroux  Is the reconcile button in your register grayed out? If so, checked to see if you have clicked on your actual account in the left sidebar, and not the group heading (e.g. "Cash")? You can only reconcile if you've clicked on the actual account. 

Or are you saying you've clicked on an actual account, the reconcile button is not grayed out, but nothing happens when you click it?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Yes, I click on the actual account, the reconcile button is not grayed out and nothing happens. As of yesterday, I had no problem reconciling. This morning I updated to Version 6.4.5 and now I cannot reconcile.
  • jacobs
    I also updated to 6.4.5, but I'm not seeing this; clicking the Reconcile button opens the Reconcile window as normal. Have you tried clicking on a different account in the sidebar to see if this is happening on all accounts or just one?
  • So, it ended up being a problem with my second screen and not with my Quicken program. The reconcile window was showing up in the background between my two screens. IT guys fixed it. Thank you so much for your help though!
  • jacobs
    @judith.leroux Glad you got it resolved! And thanks for posting back here to close the loop and let us know what the problem turned out to be. Hidden windows in Quicken Mac can be a puzzling problem -- it's usually when someone has a report open behind the main window, and Quicken seems to be operating slowly -- and I have long wished they provided some user interface element to make hidden windows more evident. It's a good idea to get in the habit of periodically pulling down the Window menu, where all open window show up at the bottom of the menu, so you can close windows you're not aware are sitting open. 
  • @jacobs You're welcome. And thanks for the open windows tip!
This discussion has been closed.