I just updated yesterday to 6.4.5 and it is extremely slow. Any suggestions?

012453jeff
012453jeff Member
update is slow

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What exactly are you saying is much slower? Updating your accounts (downloading transactions)? Entering transactions manually, generating reports, reconciling or other actions in Quicken? Launching the program? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    One thing to check for is more than one Quicken Mac window open.

For example, you have a report open "behind" the main Quicken Mac window with the sidebar.

This can occur if you open a report on top of the main window...and then close Quicken.  When you reopen Quicken, the report window is hidden behind the main window.

I've had this inadvertently happen to me...and saw a considerable slowness in performance all the way around, including data entry.

To see if this occurs, minimize the main Quicken window and see if a report(s) are then left on the screen.  If so, close those report windows. 

See if that's your issue. 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    To see if this occurs, minimize the main Quicken window and see if a report(s) are then left on the screen.  If so, close those report windows. 
    Or just pull down the Window menu to see if there are any open windows at the bottom of the menu (below "Sync Errors").

Any yes, open windows hidden by the main Quicken screen is a condition I wish the developers would find a way to address, as it catches many of us unaware from time to time. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.