Drop Down box for memorized transactions

DC200
DC200 Member ✭✭✭
When entering transactions in the past, I would start to type the name of the Payee. This will pull a list of matching Payees that I could then use arrow keys to select the correct memorized transaction.

As of recent (not sure when it started), when I type a Payee name the drop down box comes up with all the matches highlighted - but I have to use the mouse to select the one I want. I know this may sound trivial, but I see no reason why it would have changed? Am I missing something?

Thanks for allowing me to vent.
User since 1996

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still use the arrow keys on the keyboard to navigate the Payee List popup and press Enter to select the highlighted list entry. At least, that's how it works for me (and has always worked that way, no change)
    BTW, are you using the arrow keys on the keyboard or the second set of arrow keys integrated into the numeric keypad's 2,4,6 and 8 keys? The latter only work as arrow keys if NumLock is off.
  • DC200
    DC200 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply UKR.

I thought it odd if this feature was changed - so after getting your message, I did a validate and restart. The register drop down box is now working as it always has.

Not sure what happened, but all good for now.
  • dallaz
    dallaz Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I'll try Validate. thanks!
  • dallaz
    dallaz Member ✭✭
    Validate and restart fixed it...thanks, DC!
  • DC200
    DC200 Member ✭✭✭
    I think it is the restart that temporarily corrects the problem. I noticed the issue again last night, so I closed and re-opened Quicken - and no issue. I suspect it may come back and a restart will be needed.

Any others that leave Quicken always open noticing this issue?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's do some troubleshooting  to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order. Crashes or killing Quicken may damage the file.
    First download and install the latest available Mondo Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Next please perform Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows to make sure your data file is OK

• DC200
    DC200 Member ✭✭✭
    UKR,

I am on R37.37 and no updates available. The Mondo is 36.48, so I did not apply.

I did a Validate and Repair earlier this week, and the issue resurfaced. I again did the V&R, so will wait and see.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• The phone number can be found at the support website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.
This discussion has been closed.