Report to show Reinvested Mutual Fund Capital Gains

Ken429
Ken429 Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Reports (Windows)
The Capital Gains Report only shows items that I have sold at a gain or loss. How do I generate a Report to show Capital Gains from Mutual Fund reinvested distributions?

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Capital gain distributions from mutual funds should appear on the Investment Income report.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    For taxable accounts, the Tax Schedule and the Tax Summary reports will show both reinvested and paid capital gain distributions. 

You can revise the reports to include the tax deferred accounts as well, but that sort of defeats their purpose. 

Answers

• Ken429
    Ken429 Member ✭✭
    Looks like I asked the "same" question last year! However, this year 2021 I got a whole bunch of Dividend, Short-Term and Long-Term Mutual Fund distributions. It sure would be nice if there were a report to show the distribution detail - like the Capital Gains Report shows on sells. Trying to figure out how much I'll owe in Federal and State Taxes so that I don't get in the penalty box. It appears an Excel Spreadsheet is my only Solution?!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Capital gain distributions from mutual funds should appear on the Investment Income report.
  • Ken429
    Ken429 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Got it. It ain't pretty but it gets the answer I was looking for. Again, it would be nice if there were a way to generate a report to show the detail by Fund.
  • Ken429
    Ken429 Member ✭✭
    Oops, I'm getting smarter. Click on the total in the report and it shows the detail.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    For taxable accounts, the Tax Schedule and the Tax Summary reports will show both reinvested and paid capital gain distributions. 

You can revise the reports to include the tax deferred accounts as well, but that sort of defeats their purpose. 
This discussion has been closed.