Quicken keeps asking for a Quicken ID but the dialog box ID blank

Quicken stopped working and is now asking for a Quicken ID every time I start Quicken, but the dialog box is blank-white.  When I close the Quicken ID dialog box, the entire quicken window is greyed out and is non-responsive.  I have to use task manager to end the Quicken task.  I tried ctrl+shift to start Quicken, as suggest on Dec 15, but I receive a warning that Quicken does not support Run As Administrator.  How can I start Quicken and open my data file.

Answers

• Richard Young
    Richard Young Member ✭✭✭✭
    I did some digging and found a reference that said to start Quicken with just the ctrl key and NOT ctrl+shift.   That worked to start Quicken with only the File and Edit options, without opening a data file.  I created a test file and then opened my data file.  Everything seems to be working.
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Richard Young, I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing this issue but glad to know you found a resolution to this. Thank you for posting an update and contributing to our community! 
  • Richard Young
    Why does this happen?  Is there something I can do to prevent the ID query and the blank dialog box?  It seems to happen out of the blue.  Before I encountered the ID query this time, I received a message that the Quicken servers were not available, wait a few minutes and try again.
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Richard Young, usually this can happen if you update Quicken, or restore from a backup. The Quicken servers unavailable message is usually because you aren't signed in, if you see that again go to Edit > preferences > sign in as a different user > sign out. Then it should allow you to sign back in without the blank dialog box. I hope this helps! 
  • dlbfsa
    dlbfsa Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem but I cannot find the "solutions" that people are referring too??? I only see 2 or 3 comments and they are all "I'm glad you found a solution"? How am I supposed to find it if the other comments that are actually useful don't show up????
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Richard Young
    edited December 2021
    Wrong reference

• Richard Young
    I did some digging and found a reference that said to start Quicken with just the ctrl key and NOT ctrl+shift.   That worked to start Quicken with only the File and Edit options, without opening a data file.  I created a test file and then opened my data file.  Everything seems to be working.
    @ dlbfsa  This worked for me ( ctrl NOT ctrl+shift ) .  Easy and clean.
This discussion has been closed.