Verrrrry slow start up in windows 11 - Quicken Deluxe

Options
Rick18
Rick18 Member ✭✭
I just upgraded to Windows 11 (December 19th, 2021), and it takes a couple of minutes for Quicken to open. I get the "not responding" message in windows. Is there some setting that needs correcting?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rick18 said:
    I just upgraded to Windows 11 (December 19th, 2021), and it takes a couple of minutes for Quicken to open. I get the "not responding" message in windows. Is there some setting that needs correcting?
    Hello Rick18,

Slowness and long loading times can be a definite source of frustration, and I am saddened to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Be sure to exit all other programs that you are not using when Quicken is open. Does the issue persist after you restart your computer? Are any other programs running slowly? Programs running in the background may need to be checked, as well.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • mlg63
    mlg63 Member
    Options
    It is a definite problem with Quicken on Windows 11. The same thing happens to me ever since I was automatically upgraded to Win 11. Any action like changing settings or updating something makes Quicken freeze and it must be shutdown and restarted.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm running Quicken on Windows 11 and have no slowness at all. What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every once in a while, for some people, they get an upgrade of Windows of any kind, and run into problems with Quicken.  The usual fix is to either install the latest patch, or uninstall and reinstall:
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.