Will Quicken run on Monterey (macOS 12)?

2»

Answers

• doupshebop
    doupshebop Member ✭✭
    great idea!!! Time machine!!!
  • Tony D
    Tony D Member
    Does anyone have experiences running (or attempting to run..) Quicken version 4.8.6 on Monterey ?
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Additionally, Quicken Mac has had some data conversions associated with new releases.  Not every release has required an internal data conversion...but some of them have appeared right after installing the new update.

In those cases, your data may not be compatible if you roll back your Quicken version to an earlier release. 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Tony D Just to make sure we're all on the same page, are you saying you're currently running Quicken 2017 on an older macOS, and want to know if you can upgrade your OS to Monterey without it affecting the functionality of Quicken 2017?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Tony Dalia
    Tony Dalia Member ✭✭✭
    That was my question at the beginning of this thread. I was running Big Sur. I upgraded to Monterey and had no problems whatsoever. Thank you
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @ngreksouk

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report your problem, though I am sorry for any trouble or headache that this issue may be causing you. In order to help us better help you, would you mind elaborating on this issue? 

What exactly do you see when Quicken crashes? Are there any error messages or pop-up windows? If there is an error, would you mind posting a screenshot of the error message you receive? 

Once you have this additional information, please reach back out so that we may troubleshoot this error further with you. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • Shrike
    Shrike Member
    Quicken works perfectly on macOS Monterey on both Intel based MacBook Pro and M1 iMac. Define to
  • Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    I am anxious about updating my Mac OS from Catalina to Monterey, only as to its effect on running Quicken.  I am running Q6.5.1 for Mac.  Will there be any problems?  Thanks.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Susie said:
    I am anxious about updating my Mac OS from Catalina to Monterey, only as to its effect on running Quicken.  I am running Q6.5.1 for Mac.  Will there be any problems?  Thanks.
    Fundamentally, no. (There is one cosmetic issue with columnar report headings being misaligned when running Monterey which has yet to be fixed, although I imagine it will be forthcoming in the near future.) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.