Issue with reconciling

Options
Since the last updated, which was supposed to fix some reconciling issues, I have had reconciling issues. Although I can get to the point of clearing transactions, I can not get to the point were I am done and have the transactions reconciled. I am stuck on the cleared step of reconciliation, as the next box to select done does not pop up. Even if I have some transactions to clear, a box pops up that says, "There are no uncleared items to reconcile" which is not true. This is happening on numerous accounts. I am currently running Version R37.25 Build 27.1.37.25 on Windows.
Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I assume that you are reconciling to the online balance, right?

If that is the case, and the wrong date is being sent by the financial institution (or messed up in some way through the communication process of Express Web Connect) then Quicken will be trying to reconcile with a past date that doesn't include the new transactions in your register.

And as such to reconcile you will have to turn off reconciling to the online balance and reconcile to a balance/date that you enter.
    To turn off reconciling to the Online Balance select Ctrl+Shift+E and go to the Online Services tab, and deselect Reconcile using online balance, and then OK.

Now when you reconcile you will get the reconcile dialog that allows you to "Use paper statement" (You can just use a date/balance from the financial institution's website).  You will also be able to see what date that Quicken has for the online balance.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • SullyCuse
    SullyCuse Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Now I am also getting, on some accounts, where there is no "done" button after accepting transactions, so that Quicken switches them to "R" reconciled.

The "There are no uncleared items to reconcile" issue is happening on more than one account, so it is hard to believe that more than one institution is sending me the wrong dates.

Thank you for your response. It has worked fine for years, but something seems to have changed with current update.
  • SullyCuse
    SullyCuse Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is still happening. Any suggestions from anyone?
  • SullyCuse
    SullyCuse Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Now I realize that most of my accounts say Balance as of 11/16/2021. How do I get it to revert to the current date?
  • SullyCuse
    SullyCuse Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok, so I had support help me last week with this, and they fixed the issue. Today, same thing When I go to reconcile, Use Online Balance says "Balance as of 12/7/2021" Last download is today, December 15, 2021. Why will the reconcile not change the balance as of date?
  • ktgreg
    ktgreg Member
    Options
    same thing happening to me, and I've been a user since the mid 1990's
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SullyCuse said:
    Since the last updated, which was supposed to fix some reconciling issues, I have had reconciling issues. Although I can get to the point of clearing transactions, I can not get to the point were I am done and have the transactions reconciled. I am stuck on the cleared step of reconciliation, as the next box to select done does not pop up. Even if I have some transactions to clear, a box pops up that says, "There are no uncleared items to reconcile" which is not true. This is happening on numerous accounts. I am currently running Version R37.25 Build 27.1.37.25 on Windows.
    Hello SullyCuse,

The reconcile feature is pretty vital and I can see how it would be frustrating when you experience difficulties with it. It sounds like your screen gets stuck on the 'Reconcile: (account name)' screen, correct? What banking institution is the account with? Now that I think about it, is this affecting more than one account?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.