Quicken keeps asking me to reauthorize my Capital One accounts

I see many others have the same issue. When is Quicken going to fix this? This is frustrating. It's been going on for weeks

Best Answer

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi, @EsteroCanuck

Thank you for visiting the Community with your question. This is a known issue and typically is resolved through completely disconnecting and reconnecting your Capital One accounts. The steps to do this are as follows:

First, before you perform this step, I strongly advise that you Save a Backup. (You can do this by navigating to File>Copy or Backup File>Complete Backup.)
    1. Please navigate to Tools > Account List > Edit (next to the account) > Online Services and Deactivate (Repeat with all accounts you have with this bank.)
    2. Click OK in the account details box after each of the accounts has been deactivated.
    3. When you have finished deactivating all accounts you can click Add Account in the bottom right corner of the Account List.
    4. In the bank list, find your Financial Institution (in this case, Capital One Card Services) and continue.
    5. An authorization page should appear - Input your credentials and then follow the prompts. 
    Note: Make sure that when your account(s) pull(s) up that you LINK them instead of ADD, otherwise you’ll end up with duplicate accounts.

Once you have tried this, please update us with the results so that we may assist you further. If you have any other questions, please reach out as we are always happy to help. Thank you! 

-Quicken September

Answers

• Quicken September
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi, @EsteroCanuck

Thank you for visiting the Community with your question. This is a known issue and typically is resolved through completely disconnecting and reconnecting your Capital One accounts. The steps to do this are as follows:

First, before you perform this step, I strongly advise that you Save a Backup. (You can do this by navigating to File>Copy or Backup File>Complete Backup.)
    1. Please navigate to Tools > Account List > Edit (next to the account) > Online Services and Deactivate (Repeat with all accounts you have with this bank.)
    2. Click OK in the account details box after each of the accounts has been deactivated.
    3. When you have finished deactivating all accounts you can click Add Account in the bottom right corner of the Account List.
    4. In the bank list, find your Financial Institution (in this case, Capital One Card Services) and continue.
    5. An authorization page should appear - Input your credentials and then follow the prompts. 
    Note: Make sure that when your account(s) pull(s) up that you LINK them instead of ADD, otherwise you’ll end up with duplicate accounts.

Once you have tried this, please update us with the results so that we may assist you further. If you have any other questions, please reach out as we are always happy to help. Thank you! 

-Quicken September
  • This procedure worked. Thank you very much.
  • Quicken September
    Hello, @EsteroCanuck

Thank you for taking the time to reach back out to the Community with your update! I am happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. If you ever have any further questions or you are in need of additional support, please reach back out to us as we are always happy to help. Thank you!

-Quicken September
This discussion has been closed.