Login issue with Freedom Mortgage

Options
Chips7335
Chips7335 Member
Freedom Mortgage started giving me problems a couple of weeks ago. The username and password works fine when I log into their web page, but using the same UN & PW in Quicken results in an error message: "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please retype your sign-in info for Freedom Mortgage."

I changed the UN & PW at Freedom but the results are the same. Then I deleted the account from Quicken to start over, but that resulted in the same error when I try reinstalling.

I called Freedom but their response was unremarkable. I called Quicken. We shared the screen, did a few things, thenthe tech said it must be the fault of Freedom Mortgage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ron_Hunter
    Options
    QUICKEN TECH SUPPORT: I believe the issue is with the Freedom Mortgage change to email addresses for the USERID. The email address contains the "@" symbol which may cause the error. Would someone please look at this as a possible cause for this error?
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    Options
    My response from Freedom Mortgage indicates they have no intention of being helpful with Quicken. Quicken should remove Freedom Mortgage from their list of institutions that are eligible for online access.
  • effjayess
    effjayess Member ✭✭
    Options
    I spent 2 excruciatingly long calls with Quicken tech support. On the second one, the tech said they noticed something in the log files shared and were looking at a solution. Put me back on hold ... and the call disconnected a few minutes later. I haven't had the time or patience to try again.

It seems like a Quicken issue. Excuses given so far include the password being too long (over 16 characters) even though the original was longer and worked just fine. If Q can't handle the "@" character in usernames, that's a problem they need to fix. Plenty of websites use email addy for the username - it's not an exotic or fringe use cast.
  • Rich Q
    Rich Q Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Disruptive/NO Soliciting]
This discussion has been closed.