How Do I Stop Quicken (Windows 10) Auto Program Updates?

mrzookie
mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
Quicken Latest Version, Win 10 Home

For years, Windows always prompted me for permission to run a Quicken program update. Over the last few weeks, however, Quicken has managed to bypass that prompt. I don't know if its being caused by a change in Quicken, Windows, both or neither, but I want to stop it. I update Quicken only when I'm ready, which is often some time after a new update is released. Can someone tell me where (in Windows, I assume) that process is controlled and how to adjust it?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    To prevent Quicken from applying an update without your approval, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately (choose default or always notify): press the Windows key, type UAC, and select Change User Account Control settings

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    To prevent Quicken from applying an update without your approval, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately (choose default or always notify): press the Windows key, type UAC, and select Change User Account Control settings

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Yep - that's what I was looking for. It was on the lowest level. No idea how it got changed.
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.