Email Signatures

Options
Martlock
Martlock Member ✭✭
Recently, our business bought a new desktop computer. In order for Quicken to be installed on the new computer, I ended up having to to renew our business subscription to Quicken. I then ran a back up to restore the most current business Quicken file. However, while everything else seems to be fine, now when I send an invoice via email as an html, it has my personal name in the automated signature. We want the business name in that field, not my personal name. I have no idea how my personal name even got in there. I've searched through the help section in Quicken, but I cannot find how to edit the automated email signature that is included when generating an email invoice. Can anyone give me instructions on where to edit that? I can delete the field, but that is a pain and I am not the only one that sends these invoices, so others may end up forgetting. I'd rather just edit it so it's the same all the time.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Martlock, I'm sorry for the inconvenience on this issue. The name that is generated in the email signature is based on your name in your Quicken profile. To change this, please go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Update Profile > then click "Manage" under Personal Info. From there you can change the name on your Quicken account to be associated with your business name rather than your personal name which will update your email signatures. Please let me know if this helps! 
    - Jade Quicken
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I email an Invoice, my name shows up in the Signature. It's taken from you name in personal information on quicken.com.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Martlock
    Martlock Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jade said:
    > Hello @Martlock, I'm sorry for the inconvenience on this issue. The name that is generated in the email signature is based on your name in your Quicken profile. To change this, please go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Update Profile > then click "Manage" under Personal Info. From there you can change the name on your Quicken account to be associated with your business name rather than your personal name which will update your email signatures. Please let me know if this helps! 
    > - Jade Quicken
    Thank you, that is helpful. I would like to point out, though, that it is very inconvenient and inefficient and non-user friendly, since EVERY OTHER part of that form can be edited as needed from the Quicken program.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Martlock,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your question, though I apologize for any inconvenience that the current setup may cause you.
    Martlock said:
    I would like to point out, though, that it is very inconvenient and inefficient and non-user friendly, since EVERY OTHER part of that form can be edited as needed from the Quicken program.
    Though unfortunately, there isn't a way to make Email Signature changes from directly within the program, what you can do in the meantime if you wish to submit an official request for this feature to be added in the future is create an idea post for it. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    @Martlock, are you asking about the signature in the red box?

• Martlock
    Martlock Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > @Martlock, are you asking about the signature in the red box?
    Yes.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    If you sign into your quicken.com account, select Manage Personal Info and then change the Name, the new name will be in the signature of emailed invoices. Also, you can edit the Invoice form but not the invoice email form. You can also save the invoice as a PDF and email using your local email program with any signature you want.
This discussion has been closed.