Historical Prices

Options
H-Money
H-Money Member
My historical prices are all jacked up. Is there an easier way to update them instead of going day by day?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @H-Money .  One option you might consider doing:
    • Backup your data file first in case something goes wrong.
    • Security Details View > More > Edit Price History > Left click on the 1st price you want changed > scroll down to the last price you want changed and Cntrl+left click on it so all the prices are shaded > left click on "Delete" > OK > More > Download Historical Prices > make sure the security is checked > select the time period you want security prices for > Update Now.
    Does this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If your price history is damaged, an alternative to the above would be to run this procedure (after making sure you have a good backup of your data file):
    • Click File / Validate and Repair File
    • Select only the options to "Correct investing price history" and the radio button to "Repair", then click "OK"

• If that doesn't work, run it again, but this time select only the options to "Correct investing price history" and the radio button to "Delete and Rebuild", then click "OK". The next time you run a Security Update or One Step Update, the last 5 years' prices will be downloaded. Older price history will not be available, except for days where you executed Buy or Sell transactions.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Money said:
    My historical prices are all jacked up. Is there an easier way to update them instead of going day by day?
    in what fashion are they "all jacked up"?  May be a variety of approaches as you are starting to see.  I'd seriously avoid the Delete and Rebuild option, depending on your actual circumstances.
This discussion has been closed.