Reports under Monterey (Q Mac)

John_M
John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
I have noticed that some of my reports are not rendering correctly since I upgraded to Monterey 12.0.1. I am on QMac 6.4.4.

If a window is not large enough to show the entire report, when I scroll to the right, the headings do not line up with the body of the report. In addition, the headings do not completely display (the end of the date is cut off).

Also, sometimes midway through the report, the alignment of the columns shifts.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @John_M

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To obtain a better idea of this issue could you provide more information? For instance, is this a new report or a previously save one? How long has this issue been persisting? Is this occurring in a backup?

In addition, if you feel inclined you can also submit a bug report. To do this select Help >Report a problem

Please provide further information, thank you! 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I notice it in the Cash Flow report. It's the same whether I use a new Quicken cash flow report or a saved report based on the Cash Flow report.

This only started happening in the past week. I upgraded to both 6.4.4 and Monterey within days of each other, so I don't know which one might have caused the issue.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    John_M said:
    I notice it in the Cash Flow report. It's the same whether I use a new Quicken cash flow report or a saved report based on the Cash Flow report.

This only started happening in the past week. I upgraded to both 6.4.4 and Monterey within days of each other, so I don't know which one might have caused the issue.
    Just to add another data point, I tried a Cash Flow report by month in 6.4.4. on Mojave, and it does NOT exhibit the behavior shown in the screenshot above. So it's not baked into 6.4.4 in general. But I don't have a Monterey machine to test this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I checked on my MacBook Air, which I just upgraded to Monterey a few days ago. Since I don't use Quicken on it except when I'm traveling, the version of Quicken is still 6.3.3 on that machine.

When I ran the same reports, I found the same issue. Therefore, I believe that it has something to do with Monterey and not Quicken 6.4.4.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Still having the same issue. I have submitted a bug report.
  • jacobs
    I was hoping we'd hear from some other Monterey users to either confirm or deny seeing the report formatting problem @John_M reported above. Is anyone running Monterey reading this? Can you generate a report similar to the one shown above and comment?
  • Steve Taff
    Steve Taff Member ✭✭
    I'm running 6.4.4 on Monterey. I get similar truncation/formatting issues on all Summary/Category reports. Also on Comparison/Payee and Comparison/Category. Doesn't matter how wide my window is: it shows up even on reports just for a single date range, like "current year."
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    I can also confirm that I see similar behavior with the cash flow report (and most likely the others that @Steve Taff mentioned. It's not consistent though. Sometimes the formatting is messed up (column's offset from column headers, etc.), but other times it's fine. Sometimes a report will look normal until I resize the report window, at which point the formatting is incorrect.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Steve Taff & @Austin@

Thank you for confirming that you are also seeing this behavior with the reports on the Mac Monterey OS.

I'd like to open a ticket for our teams to investigate this further, would you mind going to the Help menu in Quicken and submitting a Report a Problem?

You won't receive a response for the submission, but the information included will be added to the ticket we are opening to aid in their investigation.

Once sent, please just reply here to let us know so we can retrieve the report(s) from the system.

Thank you again!

Sarah
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks @Quicken Sarah

I've submitted a bug report via the "Report a Problem" option in the Help menu with a description of the issue and a screenshot of it.
  • Steve Taff
    Steve Taff Member ✭✭
    I just sent a report, too.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi again all,

Thank you so much for submitting the requested reports, I did receive them and have opened a ticket with our product team to investigate this behavior further.

I, unfortunately, do not have an ETA for when a resolution will be available, but as soon as any updates or a solution become available, I will be back to share.

In the meantime, please let us know if there are any further questions or concerns that the community may assist with.

Thanks again!

Sarah

(CTP-2924)
  • Robert Lynch
    Robert Lynch Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. How do you submit an error report with screen shots?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
     How do you submit an error report with screen shots?
    Menu Help > Report a Problem
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    RickO said:
     How do you submit an error report with screen shots?
    Menu Help > Report a Problem
    I'd add that when you open the Report a Problem window, there's a checkbox for "Include screenshot," and a preview of the screenshot of your current Quicken window that it would send. I've found that in most cases, you'll want to uncheck that "Include screenshot" checkbox, and instead over on the right side, click "Attach additional files". This will let you select one or more screenshots you've captured of specific elements on a screen.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    One follow up comment (in case anyone from Quicken looks at this) – this issue occurs only when the report is rendered on screen. If I print the report, the result is formatted correctly.
  • cynstalker
    cynstalker Member ✭✭
    Me too. Ugh!!!!
  • I have found that if I adjust the width of the row titles column before scrolling the error doesn't occur.
This discussion has been closed.