CC-501 and Capital One Card services

George61
George61 Member
I am getting the CC-501 error with Capital One credit card on Dec. 26, 2021.
Reading all these posts, all I see is frustration and no long term solution.
Please assist with a solution.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    My Cap One cc account updated fine this morning.
    You are getting CC-501 for today only? 
    If that is the case, then I wouldn't get too excited about it, yet.  CC-501 is a pretty common error code and in many cases running Update Now after it comes up will resolve the issue. 
    If Update Now doesn't work, try running OSU or Update Now later today or tomorrow.  In most cases CC-501 will go away within 24 hrs...or less.
    But if this is something that has been persistently happening for several days or if you are getting prompted to reauthorize your Cap One cc account then that is a different matter and it might be related to this posted Alert:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900427/new-10-18-21-capital-one-cc-901#latest.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    My Cap One cc account updated fine this morning.
    You are getting CC-501 for today only? 
    If that is the case, then I wouldn't get too excited about it, yet.  CC-501 is a pretty common error code and in many cases running Update Now after it comes up will resolve the issue. 
    If Update Now doesn't work, try running OSU or Update Now later today or tomorrow.  In most cases CC-501 will go away within 24 hrs...or less.
    But if this is something that has been persistently happening for several days or if you are getting prompted to reauthorize your Cap One cc account then that is a different matter and it might be related to this posted Alert:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900427/new-10-18-21-capital-one-cc-901#latest.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• clarkevans
    clarkevans Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Mine is doing the same. I created a NEW QUICKEN file and added Capital one and it allowed me to connect successfully. But my existing Quicken file will not allow the web connect to work. It walks me through everything normal and allows me to authorize it. It finds my correct account at Capital one then returns me to a login page displaying the cc-501 error. I says it cannot connect to Quicken servers. [Removed - Profanity]
This discussion has been closed.