Running daily balance option missing (Q Mac)

Options
rbjones504
rbjones504 Member ✭✭
I use Quicken in a standalone mode managing two separate bank accounts. Until about two weeks ago I could find both accounts in the far left pane. I could cycle between one or the other and there was a running daily balance column for each. Now that's changed.
I'm not sure if an update wanted to help "improve" Quicken or if I have inadvertently made some error but once I lost the daily balance, I navigated to the instructions and discovered that under View, Columns (transactions, descriptions, etc.) there is no longer a Balance option. it's gone. Not real happy if Quicken thought they were improving the product and have now eliminated that running daily balance option.

Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello, @rbjones504.

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your concerns, though I apologize for any trouble or confusion. We have not removed the running balance feature from our program - however, to figure out where yours has gone, we may need some additional information.

Until about two weeks ago I could find both accounts in the far left pane. I could cycle between one or the other and there was a running daily balance column for each. Now that's changed.
    When you look at the left pane to view your accounts, what do you see? It sounds like your accounts may be nested inside their larger, umbrella categories. You may check this by looking for the arrow/chevron next to Banking (or other broader categories such as Investing or Loans). As you click these arrows, you should see their subcategories show; keep expanding these until eventually your accounts should be shown. Once you select an individual account, you should see your running balance again.

(Demonstration below - Additionally, you may need to hover your mouse over the account to see the arrow/chevron show) 

Please check to see if this is the case and let us know the results so that we may assist you further if necessary. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

-Quicken September

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @rbjones504 From your description, it sounds like exactly what @Quicken September addressed above. The Balance column doesn't exist when you've clicked on a group (like "Banking" or "Cash"), because there can't be a balance for a group of multiple accounts.

I'll just add a quick shortcut for revealing and collapse accounts: click on the ••• icon at the top of the left sidebar, and select the last item in the menu: Expand All Sidebar Groups. 

Once you can see your two individual accounts and click on one of them, you'll be relieved to see your running Balance column is still there. :)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Hello there, @jacobs!

Thank you for taking the time to add to this Community discussion. Your input is much appreciated!  :)

-Quicken September
  • rbjones504
    rbjones504 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Problem solved. I just wasn't patient enough to cycle through all the left pane chevrons to find the sub-categories. You guys were great. Thank you.
  • Quicken September
    Options
    Hello, @rbjones504!

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community with your update! I am sorry for any trouble or confusion this may have caused you, however, I am very happy to hear you were able to successfully locate the accounts and view their balances. If you ever have any further questions or require additional support, please reach out. We're always happy to help! Thank you and have a wonderful day!

-Quicken September 
This discussion has been closed.