last download information

ruggb
ruggb Member ✭✭
Today, my wife opened QW on her computer and wondered why it said the last download was 9/9/21 when she knew that I had downloaded recently. After insuring we were both using the same data file on my NAS, it is obvious that download date is relative to the computer QW is running on and not stored in the data file.
Does that make any sense at all???

Two computers using the same data file show different information. Very user friendly, right?

Not to mention that, if I download only one account it will probably that all files will show the same download date even though they were not downloaded.
I have not verified that yet, but it would just be logical based on the fact that it is stored on the computer.

ALSO, why can't the programmers set the focus on the password field when QW is opened instead of requiring an extra click to set it b4 entering the PW??????????

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The last online session information is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the One Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.
  • ruggb
    ruggb Member ✭✭
    Good info, but it doesn't answer the question as to why that info isn't in the data file and relevant to each account instead of the last time I downloaded any account? Or is that a topic for a ticket to QW support.
  • ruggb
    ruggb Member ✭✭
    And what good does deleting it do. Won't it just be recreated and still not match the file on my computer?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    ruggb said:
    Good info, but it doesn't answer the question as to why that info isn't in the data file and relevant to each account instead of the last time I downloaded any account? Or is that a topic for a ticket to QW support.
    ruggb said:
    And what good does deleting it do. Won't it just be recreated and still not match the file on my computer?

Again, the online session information is not maintained in the data file.  It is maintained in a data file specific runtime.dat file.  If Quicken is having issues maintaining or accessing the information in the runtime.dat file, removing the file usually resolves the issue.
  • ruggb
    ruggb Member ✭✭
    I guess I need to address this with QW support. thanks
This discussion has been closed.