Check numbers not populating in Chase account download, Quicken R36.57

Options
marcg
marcg Member ✭✭
Transaction downloads from my JP Morgan Chase checking account no longer populate the check number field in my Quicken account register. The account is linked to Quicken via "Express Web Connect." This worked reliably for many years. It does not work in Quicken for Windows R36.57, Build 27.1.36.57.

The downloaded transactions appear with their date, a payee name of "Check NNNN" (N's are the correct digits of the check number), and the correct amount. The check number field is blank, however.

At the suggestion of Quicken customer support, I created a new Quicken file, added the checking account to it via Express Web Connect, and downloaded transactions. The result was the same as for my regular Quicken file.

Customer support said that test proved that the bank was sending information incorrectly and suggested that I contact the bank. That wasn't satisfying for two reasons. First, creating the test file only proved that the transaction download behavior is consistent. It didn't resolve whether the issue is on Quicken's side or the bank's. Second, and especially because JP Morgan is a large bank which likely shares many customers with Quicken, Quicken should work directly with JP Morgan to resolve this issue: it really impairs the usefulness of using Quicken to track a bank account.

I hope that folks from Quicken customer service are monitoring these boards.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chase provides direct connect for free you should be using that instead.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By the way I've seen several reports now of people using Express web connect that are not getting check numbers anymore.  And this is from different financial institutions.  So I suspect Express web connect has been messed up.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • marcg
    marcg Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW , thanks for the tip and confirmation that Express Web Connect may be borked.

I've switched to Direct Connect. Check numbers are now downloading correctly.
This discussion has been closed.