Will not connect to BMO accounts

KeithCaper
KeithCaper Member ✭✭
Hi I am new to Quicken. I am using the Canadian subscription version. I keep trying to add my BMO accounts using my login credentials. But I keep getting an error. Help extremely frustrated and disappointed.

Answers

• KeithCaper
    KeithCaper Member ✭✭
    Will do…they say they are working on it. I think the issue is that the bank has switch to two step authentication. I think it is happening across the industry.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi I am new to Quicken. I am using the Canadian subscription version. I keep trying to add my BMO accounts using my login credentials. But I keep getting an error. Help extremely frustrated and disappointed.
    Hello KeithCaper,

Thank you so much for drawing our attention to this. I wanted to know something: are you seeing any kind of 'AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR" message when you try to connect?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    [Removed - Off Topic/Windows]
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    *** This entire Thread should be moved to Either All thing Canadian or Online Banking Issues, because it is related to both of those and to a current Alert ***

The Error message - which is shown in the original poster's screen shot - is a CC-501 error, not an "Aggregator in Error". I am also having this issue, receiving a CC-501 error when attempting to set up Express Web Connect for BMO. This issue is covered by a current Alert on the community as it is a known issue with no ETA to resolve. Unfortunately, the Alert cites the incorrect/uncommon name of the Financial Institution. The Alert refers to the Financial Institution as "Bank of Montreal", which is incorrect. The correct name of the financial institution - by which it is commonly known, is BMO - as illustrated in the screenshot below.

The Alert can be found here in the Community --> https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899767/ongoing-12-28-21-bank-of-montreal-returns-cc-501-error#latest

It would be helpful if a moderator could update the Alert to refer to BMO instead of, or in addition to Bank of Montreal, because the bank is commonly known as BMO. They dropped the "Bank of Montreal" for common use years ago.

This discussion has been closed.