What is the most recent OS for Apple computers that Quicken is compatible with?

Quicken needs to inform the users when it is compatible with a new OS

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Hello @Pellham Parkway Bob, I completely understand your concern and we do try to update this FAQ frequently when a new Mac OS comes out. 
    https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/quicken-system-requirements
    As of right now, the current (macOS Monterey) and previous two versions of macOS are supported. I hope this helps!
    - Quicken Jade
  • Thanks Quicken Jade. They should let users know when they do this.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Pelham Parkway Bob While there's no guarantee this will always be the case, it's been true since the debut of modern Quicken Mac 7+ years ago: Quicken has been compatible with each new macOS release on the day it has been released. There are no instances where Quicken Mac users had to hold off upgrading the a new macOS to wait for a compatibility fix.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken 2007 had not been immediately upgraded in time to be compatible with an OS upgrade around 10 years ago and I lost my Quicken data. Since then, I wait until I'm absolutely certain Quicken has upgraded to the new OS before I update my iMac to the new OS.
  • I might add that Quicken should communicate to the users that it has upgraded to Apple's latest OS to avoid confusion. Thanks Community for your timely help!
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Pelham Parkway Bob.

Thank you for your replies and your suggestions. I am very sorry to hear you had that experience with your Quicken 2007 file. As @jacobs mentioned, with our current version of the software this should not be a concern - however - I understand your caution and I think that this would be a good idea. We will pass along this information, though in the meantime I suggest that you bookmark this Knowledge Base article for easy access in the future. We do our best to keep it up-to-date so if there is any question on compatibilities, this would be the best place to check. Thank you for voicing your opinion on this matter and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

-Quicken September
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I suggest that you bookmark this Knowledge Base article for easy access in the future. We do our best to keep it up-to-date so if there is any question on compatibilities, this would be the best place to check. 
    @Quicken September Would it be possible for you to pass along a suggestion to whoever maintains that Knowledge Base page that it doesn't accurately reflect Quicken Mac system requirements, and might be causing people unnecessary grief or preventing them from upgrading to Quicken Mac.

While I understand Quicken has created an official policy of supporting the current + two most recent versions of macOS, that doesn't accurately reflect what the development team is doing or has stated.

With the 6.0 release fo Quicken in November 2020, the developers explicitly removed support for all versions of macOS prior to High Sierra. Since that time, no update has been denoted as no longer supporting High Sierra or its successor, Mojave. And, in fact, many Quicken Mac users still use the program on one of these operating systems. (I myself have my primary computer on Mojave still, because of some other old 32-bit applications I still use.) So the page should reflect the current reality rather than a policy statement.

Perhaps there could be language like some other software developers use about officially supported operating systems and "no known problems" operating systems. Or it could say that Quicken Mac currently runs on High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey, but support for operating systems older then the most recent three may be removed at any time in a future update. 

Thanks!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.