How to set the ending balance and dates when reconciling

Adroam
Adroam Member
Occasionally, if I have not reconciled in a while and I have a difference, I like to go back and reconcile in small steps to determine the error. I'm having difficulty figuring out how to set the ending balance and dates. Was this feature removed?
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Adroam,

Are you trying to undo an account reconciliation?  If so, I don't believe that Quicken will allow you to do that without restoring a data file from before you performed that last reconciliation.

If I am misunderstanding what you are trying to do, let me know.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    In Quicken, when you click on Reconcile, can't you reconcile to a paper statement?  That should give you the option of selecting the ending date and ending balance. 

Let me know if you don't see that option when start the reconciliation process.  There are other settings to check.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Adroam said:
    Occasionally, if I have not reconciled in a while and I have a difference, I like to go back and reconcile in small steps to determine the error. I'm having difficulty figuring out how to set the ending balance and dates. Was this feature removed?
    It sounds like you have reconciled to online balances on and told it to use that balance without asking you again.  If you go into the account details on the online services tab you can turn off reconciled to online balance.

Also a warning make sure that you are reconciling from the past to the present in those little increments you were talking about.  Reconcile always includes any reconciled transactions even if they are past the date that you enter for the reconcile.  The result is that you reconcile past set of transactions if you have transactions already reconciled past it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.