Upgrade not activating.

tayloden
tayloden Member
I'm using Quicken Premier 2016. I finally gave in and purchased an upgrade today, Dec 30, 2021. The purchase was successful but my program is not upgrading. I was not given an activation code or anything similar. Can someone offer help?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kathryn
    Answer ✓
    @tayloden Sorry you're having issues getting upgraded--just to confirm, moving from Quicken 2016 to
    the subscription version, you will need to install the new subscription version.  After the new version is installed, then moving forward, you will use Help > Check for Updates to install patch releases as they come out.

You can download Quicken from your account on https://www.quicken.com/my-account or from this FAQ (just select your version, and then log in with your Quicken ID).  After you install, Quicken should automatically find and update your current Quicken file.

If that's not the issue, please post back here with more info about any errors you are seeing, and we can take a look at your account to find out what's happening.

Hope this helps--
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you purchase your copy of Quicken Subscription? If it was directly from Quicken, you don't get an activation code. Sign-in to Quicken using the Quicken ID/Password you created when you purchased Quicken. If it was a 3rd party retailer, you need to ask them for the activation code.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @tayloden This is posted in a QMac category but your profile says Quicken Windows. Which version are you using?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • tayloden
    tayloden Member
    Purchased from Quicken.com. I've noticed when I select "Help" and then "Check for Updates" I receive the folowing: "Unable to contact the Quicken server. Please check your internet connectivity and try again..."
  • tayloden
    tayloden Member
    RickO, I'm using Windows.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2021
    There is an ongoing issue about this: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20229087

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using a VPN by any chance?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • tayloden
    tayloden Member
    No VPN.
  • Quicken Kathryn
    Answer ✓
    @tayloden Sorry you're having issues getting upgraded--just to confirm, moving from Quicken 2016 to
    the subscription version, you will need to install the new subscription version.  After the new version is installed, then moving forward, you will use Help > Check for Updates to install patch releases as they come out.

You can download Quicken from your account on https://www.quicken.com/my-account or from this FAQ (just select your version, and then log in with your Quicken ID).  After you install, Quicken should automatically find and update your current Quicken file.

If that's not the issue, please post back here with more info about any errors you are seeing, and we can take a look at your account to find out what's happening.

Hope this helps--
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • tayloden
    tayloden Member
    Thank you, Kathryn! Everything was resolved yesterday through a chat session with support! Excellent service!
This discussion has been closed.