Can't see individual transactions for an investment account

kv0rmwald
kv0rmwald Member ✭✭
Suddenly I can't see the transactions for one of my investment accounts after my morning download. I can only access the Dashboard or the Portfolio views. The Transaction view is grayed out and can't be selected. My other investment accounts (all at the same brokerage) work as expected - I can access all three views.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @kv0rmwald It seems your investment account's tracking setting has been changed.
    • Click on the account in the left sidebar
    • Click on Settings
    • In the Account Settings window, in the middle, there's a section for Investment Tracking Method; click the radio button for Detailed
    You should now be able to view your transactions as you did previously.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @kv0rmwald It seems your investment account's tracking setting has been changed.
    • Click on the account in the left sidebar
    • Click on Settings
    • In the Account Settings window, in the middle, there's a section for Investment Tracking Method; click the radio button for Detailed
    You should now be able to view your transactions as you did previously.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • kv0rmwald
    kv0rmwald Member ✭✭
    Thanks, that did the trick. Not quite sure how that setting got changed. What I did do, was I recently changed my password at the investment brokerage website which is accessed by the QMac download. Maybe that PW change defaulted the setting back to Simple.
  • RobertS
    RobertS Member
    I just had this same issue with my Fidelity accounts after years of seeing the detail. The only thing that I did recently was add a new Fidelity account into Quicken
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @kv0rmwald

Thank you for updating the Community on your issue. I am glad to hear that @jacobs was able to clear up this confusion. When a connection is refreshed through processes like relinking an account or adding a new account, it will typically ask if you would like Simple or Detailed tracking. It sounds like when you relinked your accounts under the new credentials, you may have accidentally selected Simple tracking or it may have defaulted to Simple tracking without you noticing. This can be changed at any time as per @jacobs instructions. Thank you for reaching out and have a wonderful day!

-Quicken September
This discussion has been closed.