Is there a way to create a month by month expense category report?

Options
MES83
MES83 Member ✭✭
I'd like to look at my expenses on a calendar month by month basis. This would be an expense category report similar to the budget reports but only with actuals and with subtotals by category. There only seems to be one way to do anything similar but it by individual month not one month after the next. And the budget report has budgeted amounts in addition (which I don't need) and it doesn't subtotal by category. It actually has totals at top (strange). Suggestions?
Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try Reports > Spending > Spending by Category.
    Set the date range you want and the Column to Monthly.
    The category subtotals are in Bold, in line with the subcategories, which is less than optimal.
    The monthly totals are at the bottom, and the overall total is at the bottom right.
    You will probably need to scroll the display horizontally to see all the months.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • MES83
    MES83 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. That was it exactly. And the report format is definitely less than optimal.
  • Kardinalcc
    Kardinalcc Member ✭✭
    Options
    Is this feature limited to a specific edition of Quicken? I'm using Quicken Deluxe and can't seem to see the ability to specify a "column" value to Monthly. Either that or I'm blind. Any additional insight would be greatly appreciated.
  • Kardinalcc
    Kardinalcc Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Kardinalcc said:
    > Is this feature limited to a specific edition of Quicken? I'm using Quicken Deluxe and can't seem to see the ability to specify a "column" value to Monthly. Either that or I'm blind. Any additional insight would be greatly appreciated.

Nevermind, I'm blind. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.