Transfer to Savings Goal Doesn't Show Up in "from" account

Options
Doug
Doug Member ✭✭
I just updated to Quicken R37.64, Build 27.1.37.64 in Windows 10. I have several Savings Goals set up (have had them for years!) as "buckets" for certain upcoming expenditures. Each month, for example, I "transfer" an amount from my bank savings account to a bucket called "Est. Tax Holding". When I've done this in the past, my register shows the amount going out of my bank savings, and showing up in the bucket. I realize the funds are actually still in bank savings, but this helps me account for upcoming estimated tax.
This morning, I entered a manual transfer from the savings account into the bucket. The proper amount shows up in the bucket, but does NOT show as a debit from the bank savings account. This just happened multiple times. I've restarted Quicken, I've rebooted the computer. I don't know why the transactions doesn't show in bank savings as it has always done.
Any thoughts? Thank, and Happy New Year!

Answers

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    Options
    Another "strange" finding: I entered a TXFR from bank savings to a "savings goal" (bucket). The transaction showed up properly in the savings goal account, but did NOT show up in the bank savings account. I went to the bank savings register and did a "Find" search for the transaction. The search "found" both the debit transaction from the bank savings account and the "credit" transaction in the savings goal. I "clicked" on the found transaction for the bank savings account, and "magically" it showed up in the banks savings register. It's obviously a bug of some type in this most recent update, but a least I've found a "work around" to make my registers correct. Hope they fix this soon!
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Could the register be sorted by anything other than date? If you found it by searching, either the register is missorted, or there is data corruption.

OR, I just saw this...

NEW 12/31/21 New Entries Not Registering with Version Release R37.64 — Quicken
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks GeoffG. The register was sorted by date. Just a bug in the new release. I used the "mondo patch" to revert to R37.64 and all works just as it should! I'll refrain from updating again until I know that this glitch is corrected.
This discussion has been closed.