WaFd (Washington Federal) and Quicken Mac no longer compatible

WaFd has recently "updated" their online presence and no longer supports automatic downloads from Quicken. They permit the download of a CSV, date limited, file. I am not currently able to import this into Quicken. Will Quicken work with WaFd to get this changed and permit direct downloads? Am I going to have to change my banks? (I am a 20-year customer.) Whom do I communicate with to solve this issue? Can anyone help? I am not sure of best, next steps.

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    If the bank is only providing CSV files, you're pretty much out of luck. There are companies which sell software to covert CSV files to the QFX files Quicken can import; Google CSV to QFX. These are obviously unauthorized solutions, since they bypass Quicken's infrastructure of controlling which financial institutions can connect with/import into Quicken, but it's an option you can consider.

If a financial institution decides to drop support for Quicken, there's nothing much Quicken can or will do. Your recourse as a customer is to communicate with your bank to tell them you want them to offer connectivity with Quicken. Some banks decide not to allow online access by third-parties like Quicken, but if they can be persuaded to provide downloads in the QFX format which can be ingested by Quicken, that can sometimes be a viable solution that is not costly for the bank and serves the needs of their customers. But it's entirely up to the bank to decide to support this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Atlas4
    Atlas4 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It is my understanding that WaFd has quit supporting Quicken customers.  Time to find a new bank unless you want to go back to the 1980's and reconcile by hand.  

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    If the bank is only providing CSV files, you're pretty much out of luck. There are companies which sell software to covert CSV files to the QFX files Quicken can import; Google CSV to QFX. These are obviously unauthorized solutions, since they bypass Quicken's infrastructure of controlling which financial institutions can connect with/import into Quicken, but it's an option you can consider.

If a financial institution decides to drop support for Quicken, there's nothing much Quicken can or will do. Your recourse as a customer is to communicate with your bank to tell them you want them to offer connectivity with Quicken. Some banks decide not to allow online access by third-parties like Quicken, but if they can be persuaded to provide downloads in the QFX format which can be ingested by Quicken, that can sometimes be a viable solution that is not costly for the bank and serves the needs of their customers. But it's entirely up to the bank to decide to support this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Atlas4
    Atlas4 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It is my understanding that WaFd has quit supporting Quicken customers.  Time to find a new bank unless you want to go back to the 1980's and reconcile by hand.  
  • Don Leu
    Don Leu Member ✭✭
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.