Last major Update _ when saving new Backup File, Quicken Deluxe returns to previous Backup File.

Options
:/ Why not new File ?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Sorry... but don't even understand your question or subject heading ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manual backup?
    Automatic backup?
    What exactly do you mean by "returns to the previous Backup File"?  Please explain in more detail exactly what you are doing and what the issue is.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• doubtingtom37
    Options
    Using (3) Desktop Win11 Pro PC(s) on home 60mbs wired network. Network has 8TB Seagate NAS. Move from PC to PC daily or less, and keep Quicken Deluxe Updated when using. Always Back-up to NAS Folder "202x Quicken Backup Files'. Also _ Copy same backup to local PC HDD back-up File.
    IF Back-up is (e.g) ( 2022 AA ), will make changes and Save as (2022 BB). When Save is complete, older version displayed (2022 BB). After Update, Save is done as (2022 BB), but Quicken then displays (2022 AA). What is purpose, logic, for not displaying latest change _ as before _ for years ? This had resulted in mistaken version(s) bein used, and changed, not realizing that newer version is already saved on NAS, and also on other PC(s).
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you doing File > Copy? At the end of that process, it asks whether to use the old file or the new copy. If you have typed ahead an Enter key, you might miss this dialog, which defaults to the old file.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• doubtingtom37
    Options
    BTW _ many thanks for responding and providing opportunity to learn, if not understanding broader basis for this change in displayed Backup file name with latest major Update.

( QW Deluxe Subscription R36.57 on Windows 11 Pro )
  • doubtingtom37
    Options
    I use 'either' File / Backup or Copy File _ which offers Complete backup / Create a complete backup, and I choose 'Next'.
    OR
    I select "Copy or Backup File 'Icon' _ which offers same choice.

I do not see the panel you posted./
  • dmmmrs
    dmmmrs Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been having the same or similar issue for more than a month. When I open Quicken, it defaults to a previous file, not the last one backed up. I also have never seen the above dialogue box, "File Copied".
  • doubtingtom37
    Options
    Thank-you for sharing and confirming this Quicken Backup behavior. I am open to official Quicken advice as to why such a change should have been made, at recent Update, but careful review does NOT provide any rationale. I request strongly that this change be reversed, and that Quicken displays most recent backup file. The current status leads to duplication of new input and 'IN MY CASE' inconsistent data on (2) other Desktop PC(s) at startup. Please continue to note _ these PC(s) run Win11 Pro.
    Regards
This discussion has been closed.